Job Vacancy Senior Technical Manager, Network Operations & Engineering Western Digital
Job title: Senior Technical Manager, Network Operations & Engineering
Company: Western Digital
Job description: Company Description
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage the network operations and engineering (projects implementation) functions primarily in the US region. Collaborate with your APAC counterparts to lead and run the network operations in a follow-the-sun model specifically being responsible for the off office hours’ operations of APAC and EMEA
- Lead and manage the network operations team in the US to ensure the timely completion of service requests, driving the resolutions of incidents/issues and maintaining operational excellence
- Lead and manage the network engineering/projects implementation team primarily in the US, ensuring that the deliverables and projects are being executed in a timely and accurate manner, meeting or exceeding the expectations of the stakeholders.
- Ability to manage a high-performance management team to deliver on global initiatives and holding every member of the team to deliver at high efficiency.
- Exceptional documentation skills that can clearly articulate technical designs, issues and constraints, procedures, and assessments
- Excellent presentation and communication skills regarding technical and non-technical concepts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish professional working relationships with varying levels of both business and technical personnel
- Manage, plan, communicate with senior management teams to improve network operations and engineering/projects implementation’s performance, KPIs as well as address operational, engineering/project implementation’s issues
- Provide leadership to the Network Ops team. Ensuring that P1/P2 (priority 1 or 2) incidents are resolved and communicate to the stake holders in a timely fashion
- Provide operational support availability in the event of any escalations
- Drive root cause analysis of chronic or repeat trouble reports, and catastrophic outages
- Manage vendor relationships and adherence of SLAs
- Travel as necessary to work with the global teams – up to 20%
- Minimum 12 years’ of experience working with network routing, switching, telecommunication, wireless, voice/UC and DNS/DHCP
- Expert understanding of network design, implementation & operational practices from small offices to large campuses including data-centers
- Excellent understanding of cloud services and efficient optimisation on global networks
- Good comprehension of network security isolation and protection mechanisms
- Understanding of leadership concepts pertaining to mentoring and managing for performance
- Demonstrated performance in a large-scale enterprise technical work environment with minimum of 8-10 years of direct industry experience in Network Routing and Switching, Wireless, and Network Security
- Experience working in network operations and engineering/projects implementation for a minimum of 8 – 10 years
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/IT/Engineering or equivalent/higher qualifications and minimum 12 years’ of relevant experience
- Cisco certifications (CCNP or CCIE) or equivalent
Western Digital is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on their race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the poster.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Compensation & Benefits Details
- An employee’s pay position within the salary range may be based on several factors including but not limited to (1) relevant education; qualifications; certifications; and experience; (2) skills, ability, knowledge of the job; (3) performance, contribution and results; (4) geographic location; (5) shift; (6) internal and external equity; and (7) business and organizational needs.
- The salary range is what we believe to be the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California, Colorado, New York or remote jobs that can be performed in California, Colorado and New York. This range may be modified in the future.
- You will be eligible to participate in Western Digital’s Short-Term Incentive (STI) Plan, which provides incentive awards based on Company and individual performance. Depending on your role and your performance, you may be eligible to participate in our annual Long-Term Incentive (LTI) program, which consists of restricted stock units (RSUs) or cash equivalents, pursuant to the terms of the LTI plan. Please note that not all roles are eligible to participate in the LTI program, and not all roles are eligible for equity under the LTI plan. RSU awards are also available to eligible new hires, subject to Western Digital’s Standard Terms and Conditions for Restricted Stock Unit Awards.
- We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid vacation time; paid sick leave; medical/dental/vision insurance; life, accident and disability insurance; tax-advantaged flexible spending and health savings accounts; employee assistance program; other voluntary benefit programs such as supplemental life and AD&D, legal plan, pet insurance, critical illness, accident and hospital indemnity; tuition reimbursement; transit; the Virgin Pulse Program; the Applause Program, employee stock purchase plan, and the Western Digital Savings 401(k) Plan.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Expected salary: $134000 – 175000 per year
Location: San Jose, CA
Job date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 00:12:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!