Job Vacancy Senior Staff Accountant – Hybrid Work Armed Services YMCA of The U S A
Job title: Senior Staff Accountant – Hybrid Work
Company: Armed Services YMCA of The U S A
Job description: Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the Vice President of Finance and the Chief Financial Officer in executing all accounting functions, including financial analysis, reconciliation, general accounting, and preparing journal entries.
- Support the completion of accounting tasks by monthly deadlines for data entry, transaction analysis, and reconciliation.
- Support the Vice President of Finance in the oversight of all financial activities of the organization as needed, including the month-end close process, accounting operations, financial reporting, financial reconciliation, and cash management for headquarters and the branches.
- Support the production program and branch financial statements; the production of the annual budget; and the production of financial forecasts. Conduct financial analysis of variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Assist in the continuous review and improvement of the accounting policies and procedures and internal controls to ensure conformance with GAAP and internal accounting and reporting guidelines.
- Support complete and accurate tax compliance and tax accounting in accordance with federal/state laws and regulations, GAAP, and industry best practices.
- Maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
- Support the streamlining of accounting systems and documenting processes via process improvement and automation to achieve greater efficiencies and accuracy in the level and timeliness of reporting.
- Support annual financial audit and IRS Form 990 filing.
- Support quarterly surveys as required by the Census Bureau.
- Perform tasks or projects as assigned or as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in finance and/or accounting to include experience with journal entries, monthly close, and supervisory experience.
- Nonprofit experience preferred.
- Proficiency with financial software and databases; knowledge of Intacct a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Highly self-motivated with the proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with varying deadlines.
- Detail oriented with excellent follow up skills.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Able to perform sedentary work including working at a workstation and performing repetitive keyboarding activities.
- Work will be mostly in a normal office setting. Remote work is an option.
- Work will require some walking and standing.
- Able to operate general office equipment. Visual and hearing acuity necessary to operate equipment, use telecommunication, read fine print, and utilize a computer monitor throughout the course of a normal workday.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Some physical effort may be required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary commensurate with experience – $70-85K
Armed Services YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. ASYMCA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. ASYMCA encourages applicants of all ages.
Powered by JazzHR
Expected salary: $70000 – 85000 per year
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Job date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 05:33:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!