Job Vacancy Senior Software Engineer – Treasury Technology J Harlan Group
Job title: Senior Software Engineer – Treasury Technology
Company: J Harlan Group
Job description: Senior Software Engineer – Treasury Technology
NYC Global Hedge Fund
J Harlan Group is currently conducting a search for a Senior Software Engineer – Treasury Technology at a Global Hedge Fund to join a talented their global Treasury Technology team partnering closely with the Treasury team, which is responsible for financing assets traded across the organization. The team focuses primarily on three factors: building a convex optimization across all the different financing products, execution and automation for the Treasury trading desks (for e.g. repo, stock borrow), and a financing risk reporting platform.
This fast growing and dynamic investment organization is experiencing exceptional growth and is looking for exceptional people to power its next phase of growth. The Treasury Software Engineer will be a significant contributor in enabling their vision and helping the organization to grow and improve their business.
The Treasury Technology team focuses on high quality and consistent delivery to support the firm in meeting their business objectives. In this role, you will be working closely with the business; you will work as a part of a team on the suite of products supporting:
- constructing quickly solvable optimization problems
- developing pre-trade analytics
- automating execution
- creating real-time monitoring platforms
- creating reporting and data visualization tools.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Work as part of an established technology team to define industry-leading front office tools and functions
- Partner with Treasury business to evolve technology needs into viable software
- Facilitate communication and collaboration with business users and cross-organizational technology teams
- Facilitate the timely completion of initiatives and support their production use
The ideal candidate would have a background including:
- 7+ years’ experience in software development with Proficiency in one or more of the following: Python, Java or C++
- High degree of motivation and strong work ethic
- Strong C.S. fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, distributed development, system design)
- Solid understanding & demonstration of good Software Development Life Cycle practices
- Demonstrated strong quantitative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Treasury & Funding knowledge a plus
- Commercial mindset and track record of business centric delivery
- Experience with lively, organic, highly collaborative environments
- Ability to craft creative and practical solutions to problems and express those solutions in code.
- Must be an entrepreneurial, self-motivated, open-minded, conceptual, intelligent, bright individual who is intellectually honest & open to debate with excellent synthesis abilities.
- Strong desire to contribute and build a business – not just solve novel problems.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Math with a background in Computer Science / Engineering, Mathematical or related educational background
An individual who loves solving deep and complex technical and business problems and wants to have an outsized impact with the products they build and deliver. An individual with a passion for investment technology, high level of intellectual curiosity, a commitment to excellence and an unparalleled drive to deliver world-class software.
They seek candidates who are high-energy self-starters who want to join an investment banking firm on the leading edge of the global markets. The management team needs individuals of the highest professional caliber who are leaders, problem solvers, analytic, detail-oriented, and entrepreneurial. Everyone at the firm works in a highly collaborative and charged environment.
Successful candidates are:
- Analytic and relentless in pursuit of the right answer
- Strong communicators who excel at rapid synthesis
- Able to demonstrate sound business judgment
- Able to digest complexity while maintaining an understanding of the “big picture” of business needs
- Team players who are energized by a collaborative enterprise
About the Client:
The firm is a leading alternative asset manager managing more than $32bn of assets with an outstanding track record of following a comprehensive, multi-strategy approach to investing and allocating capital dynamically to the most compelling opportunities and harvesting multiple sources of alpha.
They have a relentlessly focuses on innovation and integration: innovation in new products, markets and businesses as well as new tools, models and technology management and performance structures; integration of fundamental research, quantitative strategies and technical analysis, all supported by an intensive focus on operational excellence and comprehensive risk management.
They employ over 1400 talented professionals in locations around the globe across portfolio management, trading, credit, research, quantitative strategy, trading technology, investment management analysis and business management administration and strategy.
The firm’s employees maintain the highest professional and ethical standards. The firm has earned a reputation for honesty, fair dealing, and transparency in a competitive industry. They believe that these standards are the foundation for superior investment performance and are critical to delivering performance to clients.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 22:46:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!