Job Vacancy Senior Program Manager, Transportation Engineering Systems Amazon
Job title: Senior Program Manager, Transportation Engineering Systems
Job description: DESCRIPTION
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth. Come join Amazon’s Transportation Engineering Systems team as we design and implement the logistics signals that connect our vast inventory to our customers. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small are delivered where and when they need them, as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services in the last mile delivery space. Come join the team and help us make history!
This position will work with cross-functional stakeholders to align on priorities, develop processes and mechanisms, own system updates and drive program reviews to ensure stakeholder alignment and ensure transparency. In this role, the Senior Program Manager will be key in maintaining program quality and delivering exceptional customer experiences. The right candidate will have program management background and experience leading large projects. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
Key job responsibilities
– Define the program (mission, vision, tenets), set objectives, analyze data and drive improvements that are quantified with metrics
– Partner with senior stakeholders to build and execute initiatives and roadmaps to achieve business goals.
– Identify the gaps and pain points in the existing processes and come up with solutions – short and long term
– Set up performance management mechanisms and track the partner performance on a day to day basis;
– Write reports/documents that detail the progress to leadership on a frequent basis
– Operate autonomously; drive forecasts, and handle escalations.
– Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks)
– Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers
About the team
Our team consists of a large groups of configuration engineers that primarily collect stakeholder requirements and implement algorithmic changes within the transportation planning technology systems to provide better speed and cost for the customers.
These groups are supported by Software Development, Analytics, Quality, and Product management teams internally. Additional support is provided from matrixed teams such as Finance, HR, Training/Learning, other PMOs, Planning teams.
All of these teams work together on a portfolio of projects that drive improvements for our technology, process, and people to enhance the way we do business and the results of our work.
Amazon offers a full range of benefits that support you and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. Benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as seasonal or temporary employment. The benefits that generally apply to regular, full-time employees include:
1. Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
2. Maternity and Parental Leave Options
3. Paid Time Off (PTO)
4. 401(k) Plan
Learn more about our benefits here:
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bellevue, WA, USA
– 5+ years of program or project management experience
– Experience using data and metrics to determine and drive improvements
– Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
– Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, engineering, finance or related technical or quantitative field
– Knowledge of Excel at an intermediate level (e.g., pivot tables & charts, multiple criteria lookups, nested logical/IF formulas, data cleansing, array formulas, etc.)
– 2+ years of driving process improvements experience
– Master’s degree
– If you are not sure that every qualification on the list above describes you exactly, we’d still love to hear from you! At Amazon, we value people with unique backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets. If you’re passionate about this role and want to make an impact on a global scale, please apply!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $92,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $185,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Expected salary: $92500 per year
Location: Bellevue, WA
Job date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 01:18:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!