Job Vacancy Senior Product Marketing Manager – Telecommunications Wind River
Job title: Senior Product Marketing Manager – Telecommunications
Company: Wind River
Job description: Description
Position at Wind River
ABOUT WIND RIVER
Wind River is a global leader in delivering software for mission-critical intelligent systems. For more than four decades, the company has been an innovator and pioneer, powering billions of systems that require the highest levels of security, safety, and reliability.
Wind River helps customers across automotive, aerospace, defense, industrial, medical, and telecommunications industries solve complex technology challenges on their journey toward the new intelligent machine economy. The company’s software powers generation after generation of the safest, most secure systems in the world. Examples include playing a key role in NASA space missions – such as Artemis I, the James Webb Space Telescope, and multiple Mars rovers – and in recent 5G milestones – including the world’s first successful 5G data session with Verizon and in building one of the largest Open RAN networks in the world with Vodafone.
The company has received industry recognition for its technology innovation and leadership, and for its workplace culture, including global Great Place to Work certification and being named a “Top Workplace” for ten consecutive years. If you want to be part of a unique culture where they lived experience is based on our cultural attributes of growth mindset, customer-focus, and diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging, come join us and help advance the future software defined world.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Senior Technical Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and executing both an outbound and inbound product and technical marketing to grow Wind River as a global leader in embedded systems and intelligent edge industries. The candidate for this position will focus on translating the Wind River product features and capabilities into customer value propositions for customers in the telecommunications industry. This person will develop unique and compelling content and collaborate with the marketing manager on go-to-market strategies, and long-term marketing plans. This person will need to leverage their understanding in telecommunication technology domains such as 5G, Open RAN, VRAN, virtualization, Linux, containers, Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native technologies to deliver Telecommunications focused technical marketing content for key Wind River products.
This position requires significant collaboration with other contributors in the product marketing and product management teams, as well as the corporate marketing team, sales, and alliances. You must be able to influence, motivate and lead key stakeholders and cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced, senior-level, technical product marketer or product manager with prior experience in the telecommunications industry and working experience in product marketing or product management, with a passion for communicating technical solutions, to complex customer problems, that drive business outcomes.
This position will focus on technical product marketing of Wind River products to the telecommunications industry but may involve some work in adjacent markets such as industrial and medical markets.
Key Accountabilities & Expectations
- Create positioning and messaging for products targeting multiple industry specific use cases.
- Build compelling technical content that translates product features to customer benefits that establishes and maintains Wind River’s position as a technical leader in the Telecommunications market and aligns with Wind River product and marketing strategies.
- Research the key players, trends, motivations, needs and challenges of the telecommunications industry.
- Create sales enablement and training content for Telecommunications focused sales teams.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams on specific initiatives and create formal networks.
- Develop close alignment with key stakeholders, particularly with senior product management, marketing, technology office, engineering, and field application engineers.
- Collaborate with the marketing lead on planning and implementing marketing strategies.
- Partner with sales, product management, corporate marketing, vertical business development, alliances, and other leadership teams.
- Ensure technical product marketing initiatives and communications are consistent with corporate strategy, including the value proposition of the products and communicating them to internal and external audiences.
- Measure and report back to senior management on the performance of technical marketing initiatives, including assessment against goals and insights gained.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
Deep expertise in several of the following skills and technology areas:
- 10+ years of experience in product marketing, product management or engineering in the software industry (preferably Telecommunications software)
- Mastery of the terminology, trends, motivations, and challenges of the Telecommunications (5G) industry.
- Advanced knowledge of virtualization, containers, Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native technologies.
- Experience with open-source projects such as Ansible, OpenStack, StarlingX, and Git.
- Strong understanding of wireless/cellular telecom, and 5G edge deployments.
- Knowledge of the embedded industry ecosystems, standards bodies, and certification requirements.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to implement and execute.
- Must be able to concisely communicate and write both short and long-form product and solution collateral.
- Excellent understanding of the entire marketing mix – experience building and leading GTM plans across a breadth of traditional and non-traditional marketing strategies.
- Proven ability to develop marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to senior management.
- Excellent collaboration skills and the ability to navigate various teams and influence senior leaders in a highly matrixed organization across Engineering, Sales, and Marketing.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking, including experience working with and leading research.
- Vertical market experience related to Industrial, Medical, Aerospace, and Automotive industries desirable.
- Demonstrated credibility with customers, partners, and cross functional stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Engineering, Computer Science, Marketing or Sales related field.
- MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Workplace Flexibility: Hybrid Work.
- Company-sponsored health, dental, and life insurance.
- Income protection through short and long-term disability coverage.
- Matching RRSP.
- Vacation and various time off policies to encourage work-life balance.
- Well-being programs: Employee assistance program, mental well-being through Unmind.
- Learning benefits: LinkedIn Learning subscription and seminars.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Diversity is foundational for Wind River’s business success. We want to be a workplace of choice for all people and we value the unique perspectives offered by a diverse workforce. Wind River does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, age, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, or any other legally protected status. This principle applies to all areas of employment: recruitment and hiring, training, performance evaluations, promotions and transfers, compensation and benefits, and social and recreational programs.
Wind River desires to be an employer of choice with an inclusive environment for all individuals. As part of this goal and in compliance with various laws and regulations, Wind River provides reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees. Requests for reasonable accommodation for applicants and employees are examined on a case-by-case basis. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interviewing, hiring or at any other time during the employment process. You can email us at: . Please do not include personal medical information in the email.
Job date: Wed, 09 Aug 2023 23:35:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!