Job Vacancy Senior Operations Analyst / Specialist – Networking & Telecommunications (NEW HIRE BONUS UP TO $20,000) General Dynamics
Job title: Senior Operations Analyst / Specialist – Networking & Telecommunications (NEW HIRE BONUS UP TO $20,000)
Company: General Dynamics
Job description: Basic Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in a related specialized area or field or the equivalent is required plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Top Secret with Polygraph security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Senior Operations Analyst / Specialist – Networking & Telecommunications. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
Position Objectives within 1 year include:
- Analyze a variety of information and intelligence relevant to the threats facing the systems, infrastructure, and resources critical to the nation, and develops relevant research studies and recommendations
- Provide intelligence support for contingency operations, battle staff and operational-level planning, joint and multi-lateral training exercises, and strategic engagement policy throughout the Areas of Operational Responsibility (AOR) and Areas of Interest (AOI)
- Perform requirements management and/or collection management
- Analyze and evaluate methods for performing continuous appraisal of data from sampling, statistical analysis, evaluation, flow processing, and management assessment
- Research, develop and/or prepare briefings and analyses which include narrative, tabular and/or graphic materials
- Develop and maintain interaction with stakeholders to promote information sharing and collaboration in support of the development of a common situational awareness environment
- Develop and disseminate standard operating procedures (SOPs), and validation criteria for personnel, entities, components, and Communities of Interest (COIs)
- Interpret Intelligence Community policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and objectives
- Provide dedicated, centralized, and long range program and budget expertise
- Conduct data mining for unknown linkages in existing information and maintains integrated database tracking system for controlled correspondence
- Conduct analytical studies of domestic and/or allied military, commercial or civil operations, which may lead to recommendations to improve operational effectiveness in the client organization
- Analyze, assimilate, and evaluate information relating to defined geographic or functional area of responsibility
- Evaluate policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and objectives for conflict, resource estimates and impact
- Identify and analyze extremely complex and/or highly sensitive systems and instrumentation, methods, procedures, and processes
- Exercise judgment in determining methods of attack and defense, techniques to be used, and manner of presentation of results in all phases of analysis
- Develop and/or prepares briefings, analyses, summaries or after-action reports which may include narrative, tabular or graphic materials
- Provide program and budget expertise
- Maintain and/or monitors integrated database tracking system for controlled correspondence to ensure expedient review, processing, editing, duplication, issuance, cancellation, and/or distribution
- Participate as subject matter experts in on-going workshops, war games and experiments to identify and assess potential war fighting concepts and prototypes
- Conduct functional training
- Contribute to development of new principles and concepts
- Perform fusion of multiple intelligence disciplines
- Serve as functional or technical expert in the defense requirements review process
- Recognized internally and/or externally as a subject matter expert (SME) in multiple adjacent disciplines/fields
- Serve as a consultant to management and customers on projects and applications
What Sets You Apart:
- Highly proficient understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field
- Highly proficient knowledge of other related disciplines
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- SIGDEV and SIGINT Development
- Signal Analysis, Protocol Analysis, Network Analysis
- Cybersecurity Policies and Procedures
- Computer Network Operations (CNO)
- Familiarity with IC Tools and Databases
- Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions
- Grasps and applies new information quickly
- Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
Our Commitment to You:
- This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $20,000 for New Hires Only
- Our Employee Referral Program offers a $15k Referral Bonus for any candidate referred by an employee and hired for this position.
- A Relocation package may be available for this position
- An exciting career path with opportunities for continuous learning and development.
- Competitive benefits, including 401k matching, flex time off, paid parental leave, healthcare benefits, health & wellness programs, employee resource and social groups, and more
- See more at gdmissionsystems.com/careers/why-work-for-us/benefits
Due to classified nature of work, this position will be done 100% on-site in Fairfax County, VA
Travel: Minimum to none
This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.
Combined Salary Range
USD $184,000.00 – USD $204,000.00 /Yr.
At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we rise to the challenge each day to ensure the safety of those that lead, serve, and protect the world we live in. We do this by making the world’s most advanced defense platforms even smarter. Our engineers redefine what’s possible and our manufacturing team brings it to life, building the brains behind the brawn on submarines, ships, combat vehicles, aircraft, satellites, and other advanced systems.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with this shared sense of purpose, committed to a diverse and exciting employee experience that drives innovation and creates a community where all feel welcome and a part of something amazing.
We offer highly competitive benefits and a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. To see more about our benefits, visit
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
Location: Fairfax, VA
Job date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 04:18:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!