Job Vacancy Senior Manager- Network Engineering Scottish Power
Job title: Senior Manager- Network Engineering
Company: Scottish Power
Job description: Salary Range
NY only $127,000-$159,000
Hybrid work model.
The Network Manager will be responsible for the overall direction of all aspects of IT Network Infrastructure. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, TPO Telecomms for all AVANGRID, this position is responsible for the Network Management and Infrastructure of AVANGRID Networks and United Illuminating.
- Lead a growing staff of approximately 10+ resources (internal + external)
- Manage an annual budget of $5+ M combined capital and operational expenses.
- Coordinate all AMC Network Architecture and Network Infrastructure aspects in the local enterprise considering the directions set by the wider Avangrid or Global Infrastructure team and ensuring the adoption of common global standards and practices.
- Work closely with the business and IT Application team to perform needs analysis and create synergies between the various business functions and IT.
- Ensure the local enterprise has the capability to support network infrastructure requirements in order to maintain high levels of service.
- Direct all aspects of Network Operations including the management in remote facilities and data centers across a vast geographic landscape.
- Participate in TPO budgets management, reporting, and KPI/SLA creations for key infrastructure and business systems.
- Champion best practices in a high-volume, dynamic environment. Ensure the enterprise has the capability to support new technology and maintain high levels of service. Create a sustainable IT/OT Networking environment to facilitate growth while maintaining required regulatory compliance, e.g. NERC CIP, SOX, others.
- Ensure the adequate performance and follow up on the contracted services following the guidelines and best practices of the wider Avangrid and/or Iberdrola group.
1.General Management: Senior level IT management: leadership skills, vendor negotiations, executive level presentation and communication skills.
2.Global Coordination: The position will represent the local organization on the AVANGRID infrastructure committee and be responsible for ensuring global standards, best practices and contracts are enforced and implemented.
3.Local Network IT Service Delivery: Coordinate with the Global team to implement and maintain the best operational practices, supplier management and standards to deliver best value services to the local businesses.
4.Local Network IT Project Delivery focus: Ensure project delivery on time and on budget with the proper architecture and infrastructure to support new business projects.
5.Network IT Architecture: Responsible for understanding corporate IT strategy and architectural direction and global criteria.
6.Communications Infrastructure: Responsible for directing all aspects of the corporate communications infrastructure. Communications infrastructure includes, but is not limited to, management of telecommunication services, telecommunication infrastructure, networks, network security, and other communication infrastructure.
7.Operational Process Management: Responsible for directing all aspects of key IT/OT network operational processes including, but not limited to, change management, incident management, and rest of operational process management using ITIL as the process model in line with global direction. This includes the direct management of the Network Production Control and Change Management team which manages system changes and scheduling. Responsible for the DR plan, implementation and yearly exercises.
- Be a role model
- Be agile
- Collaborate and Share
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Focus to achieve results
- Technical Skills
Skills and Requirements
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in telecommunications/computer information systems or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of experience in technology leadership, management and/or other related areas.
- 10+ years working in an IT Department in any capacity
- 5+ years of IT Projects coordination experience.
- Demonstrated history of exceptional customer service.
- Strong history of managing complex efforts with demanding customers.
- Working knowledge of the regulatory environment for utility companies including NERC CIP.
- Proven understanding of network, telecommunication and systems.
- Proven understanding with Network Cloud environments
- Knowledge of SDN datacenter deployment
- Knowledgeable of SD-WAN multivendor WAN networks
- Knowledgeable of network monitoring tools (Solarwinds, Live Action, Thousand Eyes, Entiuity,
- Proven experience in strategic project execution, strategic planning, risk management, and change management while engaging and influencing various stakeholders at all levels across the company.
- Strong commitment to personnel safety and IT security.
- Working times could vary and might include starting early in order to meet with team members across the US or Europe.
- Ability to travel within the US and Europe, as needed.
- Masters in Computer Science or other technical field and/or MBA.
- Knowledge of SAP.
- Knowledge of the operational functions of a power generation organization and the systems and networks required to support these functions.
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or [email protected]
Expected salary: $127000 – 159000 per year
Job date: Sun, 06 Aug 2023 06:29:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!