Job Vacancy Senior Manager, Logistics Carbon
Job title: Senior Manager, Logistics
Job description: Carbon3D is commercializing a fundamental advance in the chemistry of 3D printing that enables massive increases in print speed and improved material properties. We believe our technology will enable mass production of 3D printed parts. Our product is the intersection of hardware, software, and materials.
We are a team of passionate entrepreneurs, engineers, programmers, and materials scientists who value creativity and the ability to get things done. We seek to enable creators and transform manufacturing across the team and our global footprint are growing rapidly and we are seeking a Global Logistics Manager. This role will report to the Director of Planning, Inventory, & Logistics, and will have an overall responsibility of increasing the efficiency of our logistics operations globally. The successful candidate will work closely with Supply Chain, Materials, Service, Regulatory and other groups to ensure continual process improvement of our logistics capabilities.
This role is located full time onsite at our Redwood City, CA headquarters.
- Plan and implement company workflows for managing transportation for both forward and reverse logistics.
- Ensure Company is in compliance with laws and regulations regarding transportation, including hazardous materials (dangerous goods) for domestic and international shipping in all regions where Carbon operates.
- Evaluate logistics suppliers and manage relationships to achieve cost-effective deals while ensuring high customer service levels (OTD, OTIF).
- Manage 3PL operations and relationships; strategically grow our 3PL footprint to support the needs of the business.
- Work directly with vendors, freight forwarding companies, customers, and other external partners where logistics are a concern, or to improve logistics operations.
- Manage relationships with Customs brokers; successfully resolve all Customs related issues and inquiries.
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to monitor logistics performance and budget, with the goal of continuous improvement, high customer service, and cost effectiveness.
- Create, manage and achieve overall logistics budgets.
- Oversee a team of logistics professionals that execute Carbon’s shipping and receiving activities.
- Work cross functionally to support the logistics needs of the business; manage projects with key stakeholders to conduct root cause analyses, implement corrective actions, and drive continuous improvement.
- 8+ years in Logistics, preferably in a Manufacturing environment.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain, or other relevant field.
- Experience with shipping chemical/hazardous products; experience with warehousing chemicals a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of IATA and trade compliance; relevant qualifications (e.g. CPIM, IATA, DOT) are a strong plus.
- Working knowledge of incoterms.
- Working knowledge of logistics software (e.g. ERP, TMS), and standard business office software (e.g. Excel).
- Able to travel approximately 25%l (international and domestic)
- Understanding of logistics Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to work independently and handle multiple projects in parallel.
- Reliable and trustworthy, with outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Demonstrated independent work initiative, sound judgment, analytical ability, and professional demeanor.
- Ability to responsibly grow, lead, and manage staffing levels proportionate to operational growth of the company.
- Willingness to be “hands-on” and participate as an individual contributor in addition to managerial responsibilities.
$156,000 – $234,000 a year
At Carbon, we look at the person holistically and carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation. The pay range for this position is $156,000 – $234,000. Your actual salary will be based on your experience, work location, certifications and the unique skills you bring to the role.
Carbon also offers to our eligible employees a comprehensive total rewards package that includes equity, benefits, and time off programs.
For more information on how we modify your pay based on your location, please refer to our . For details on our total rewards package, visit .
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete , which explains the categories of personal information we collect about you, the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used and your rights with respect to our use of such personal Information.
Location: Redwood City, CA
Job date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 00:21:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!