Job Vacancy Senior Logistics Strategy Advisor ExxonMobil
Job title: Senior Logistics Strategy Advisor
Job description: About us
At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about and how we can .
ExxonMobil’s state-of-the-art campus north of Houston serves as home to its Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses and their associated service groups. The facility opened in 2014 and accommodates more than 10,000 employees and visitors.
By bringing many global functional groups together, the campus provides employees with the tools and capabilities needed today, and in the future, to achieve business objectives and accelerate the discovery of new resources, technologies and products. It was designed to foster improved collaboration, creativity and innovation and enhance the company’s ability to attract, develop and retain the top talent in the industry.
The campus is located in Spring, Texas, on 385 wooded acres immediately to the west of Interstate Highway 45 (I-45), at the intersection of I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road, approximately 25 miles from the cultural vibrancy of downtown Houston.
The campus was constructed to the highest standards of energy efficiency and environmental stewardship. Its design incorporates extensive research into best practices in building and workplace design through extensive benchmarking of the world’s top academic, research, and corporate facilities.
Learn more about what we do in Houston
What role you will play in our team
The Senior Logistics Strategy Advisor will work with the value chains (Upstream, Product Solutions, Low Carbon Solutions, Global Projects) to identify requirements and to plan, design, and construct the necessary logistics facilities and services needed to achieve the optimal corporate value. Other activities will include liaising with Procurement on global commercial strategies; benchmarking internally across logistics operations as well as externally; develop, align, and oversee priorities with the digital vendors. Work closely with the Enablement team to understand digital best practices, deploy ‘improve’ capability, and define additional opportunities to create business value.
The Senior Logistics Strategy Advisor will be based in Houston. The work may require some travel to developing countries, new operating areas, and established areas. Brief assignments (one week or longer) in country may be necessary to best meet job requirements. Prior international experience along with knowledge of Logistics Best Practices as well as a strong operational background is important to achieving overall success. The Senior Logistics Strategy Advisor is a critical position within the Infield Logistics Strategy team and requires strong upstream logistics, operations, and/or supply chain experience along with leadership, team-building, and coordination skills.
This role is on the bench for a number of other senior positions in ExxonMobil Supply Chain, including the Infield Logistics Strategy team manager, the Logistics Principal, or infield/embedded Logistics Manager positions.
What you will do
- Serve as Logistics Strategy Advisor for all Infield Logistics Strategy, Planning, Initiative and Execution Support
- Development of Logistics system design philosophies and strategies across all Areas and Value Chains
- Benchmarking and competitive intelligence
- Representative on key commercial and acquisition strategies associated with Logistics
- Provide recommendations associated with optimizing modal service offerings
- Provide input to the Logistics Best Practice
- Support cost accountability metrics and value capture
- Display visible leadership within the Supply Chain and Upstream organizations throughout the transition to the new ExxonMobil Supply Chain model
- Help shape and champion the ExxonMobil Supply Chain vision across the organization; create compelling case of what supply chain excellence looks like
- Identify and pursue value opportunities that leverage supply chain corporate scale and integration
- Promote innovation and reward calculated risks from the supply chain teams that pursue corporate value opportunities
- Actively mentor Infield Logistics Strategy team and broader supply chain resources
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of oil and gas producing Logistics Operations (shorebase, marine, aviation, ground transportation, and field accommodations operations)
- Organizational Management/Supervision/Business Analysis skills
- Knowledge of Logistics Best Practices & Cash Opex Management Best Practice
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
- Strong Safety Culture and Contractor Interface Management knowledge and competency
- Team player with strong leadership skills and ability to organize/coordinate activities of others and identify need for discipline expertise/input when required
- Strong interpersonal skills- able to hold position on key issues, manage conflict, influence without authority and foster consensus in diverse work groups, including Contractor personnel
- Ability to get along with others in the workplace and work with different cultures
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life. We offer you:
- Pension Plan: Enrollment is automatic and at no cost to you. The basic benefit is a monthly annuity to be paid to you in retirement for the rest of your life.
- Savings Plan: You can contribute between 6% and 20% of your pay and are encouraged to enroll right away. If you contribute at least 6% to your savings plan, the Company will contribute a 7% match.
- Workplace Flexibility: We have several programs such as “Flex your Day”, providing ad-hoc flexibility around when and where you work, as well as longer-term programs such as leaves of absence and part-time work.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Culture of Health: Programs and resources to support your wellbeing.
- Employee Health Advisory Program: Provides confidential professional counseling for you and your family, including tools and resources promoting mental health and resiliency at no additional cost to you.
- Disability Plan: Income replacement for when you cannot work due to illness or injury occurring on or off the job. Enrollment is automatic and at no cost to you.
More information on our Company’s benefits can be found at
Please note benefits may be changed from time to time without notice, subject to applicable law.
Stay connected with us
Learn more at our
Follow us on and
Like us on
Subscribe our channel at
Equal Opportunity Employer
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 01:03:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!