Job Vacancy Senior Lead Telecommunications/Wireless Engineer Dewberry
Job title: Senior Lead Telecommunications/Wireless Engineer
Job description: Job Description
Dewberry’s NJ/NY office is seeking a Senior Lead Telecommunications/Wireless Engineer who is looking for the opportunity to become part of the leadership team to develop and grow our NJ/NY telecommunications engineering team. An ideal candidate will be client focused, self-motivated, organized and an outgoing team leader in the design and management of wireless deployments in northern New Jersey and metropolitan New York.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
This position is responsible for leading a design team, conducting field visits and client meetings, coordinating with other Dewberry telecommunications groups, and tracking the progress of larger wireless programs. Responsibilities also include marketing clients, participating in weekly deployments, progress reports and schedule updates.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- BS degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering degree.
- 7-10 years of progressive experience directly related to telecommunication projects, leading design teams and staff training.
- NJ PE preferred with ability to get NY, CT, PA, DE, MD licensure.
- Experience working with tier one wireless clients & programs including delivering turnkey site acquisition and engineering services.
- Knowledge of NJ and NYC design and permitting requirements.
- Proven track record of project management and leading technically challenging projects.
- Monitor high level financial data and monitor staff project budgets.
- Communicate effectively with clients, team members, sub consultants, and AHJs.
- Composes technical reports, memorandums and other written communication.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple concurrent projects and staff.
- Willingness to train & mentor staff and assist in the development of their career path.
- Experience developing scope and pricing schedules for national and local RFPs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
- Active external marking including involvement in professional engineering and wireless organizations a plus.
Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record and ability to pass a driving record background check.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Dewberry we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for our employees. So if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the position description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other opportunities.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.
Location: Parsippany, NJ
Job date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 01:07:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!