Job Vacancy Senior II/Principal Engineer Salt Lake City, UT PacifiCorp
Job title: Senior II/Principal Engineer Salt Lake City, UT
Job description: Senior II/Principal Engineer Salt Lake City, UT #109320
Date: Jun 14, 2023
Location: SALT LAKE CITY, UT, US, 84116
JOIN OUR TEAM
PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow and sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service excellence, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.
Design and troubleshoot telecommunication network systems in support of electrical system operations. Responsibilities include design and provisioning documentation of telecommunications equipment including microwave radios, fiber optic terminals, multiplexers, and network switches. As well as circuit channelization design and specifying carrier services from telecommunications providers.
The responsibilities of the Sr Engineer II position include:
- Assist in the design of data communications systems, wiring schematics and equipment configurations. Create system diagrams and provide scoping for substation, generation, and load interconnection projects.
- Create documentation on all projects and keep documentation updated.
- Write equipment specifications and purchase equipment for projects.
- Write job specifications and equipment specifications for contract jobs.
- Provide technical input to assist in development of project planning.
- Work with external utility, local, county, state, and federal agencies to satisfy jurisdictional requirements.
- Support compliance efforts in support of all WECC, FERC, and NERC requirements pertaining to electronic communications.
- Serve as a consultant to other business units for solving networking or communications needs.
- Take ownership of subject matter and/or geographic regions, work with limited supervision.
- Serve as project manager on minor projects or system upgrades.
- Design and test new telecommunications or network systems as required by the company.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
In addition to the above, the responsibilities of thePrinc Engineerposition are:
- Design major networking or communications systems.
- Lead systems capacity planning to manage technology changes and growth and make recommendations for approval by senior management.
- Act as subject matter expert in one or more technical domains.
- Provide technical leadership to staff.
The requirements for the Sr. Engineer II position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited college/university.
- A minimum of five or more years’ experience in industrial power systems or electric utility power systems, or related professional experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of principles in area of engineering specialty.
- Project management and leadership skills including the ability to work as a team member, to maintain project timelines, budgets, and deliver on commitments.
- Understanding of company’s business, and relevant policies, procedures, and practices.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local laws, regulations and the National Electric Codes.
- Ability to perform effectively in high-pressure situations while maintaining focus and calmness.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives, and recommendations.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers including automated tools.
- A minimum of 6 or more years’ experience in industrial power systems or electric utility power systems.
- Advanced technical degree or professional engineer (PE) license required or 8 years of directly applicable engineering experience required.
In addition to the above, the requirements for the Principal Engineer include:
- A minimum of 15 years industry experience as a practicing engineer, including experience performing highly technical work of a specialized nature.
- A PE license is required.
- Highest level of communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives, and recommendations.
- Expert knowledge and application of principles in area of engineering specialty. Understanding of the Company’s business and relevant policies, procedures, and practices.
- Advanced Engineering Degree, Masters or above
- 15 or more years of directly applicable engineering Experience
Req Id: 109320
Company Code: Pacificorp
Primary Location: SALT LAKE CITY
Department: Rocky Mountain Power
Schedule: FULL TIME
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: $105,700-$133,000
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary performance incentive bonus of up to 15.00% of salary.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion. PacifiCorp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status (except as required by law), gender (including gender identity and expression), sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, familial or parental status, marital status or any other category protected by applicable local, state or U.S. federal law.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Nearest Major Market: Salt Lake City
Career Segment: Power Systems, Engineer, Equity, Compliance, Electrical, Energy, Engineering, Finance, Legal
Expected salary: $105700 – 133000 per year
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job date: Sun, 09 Jul 2023 07:42:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!