Job Vacancy Senior Global Transportation and Freight Specialist Waters
Job title: Senior Global Transportation and Freight Specialist
Job description: Overview
Waters Corporation is currently seeking a Senior Global Transportation & Freight Specialist to join our Global Distribution and Fulfilment (GDF) organization. This is an exciting opportunity with a global scope to make an impact in the freight and transportation area at Waters.
The Senior Global Transportation & Freight Specialist will play a significant role in Waters having an effective and cost-efficient network for shipment of products around the world. The role will drive value for Waters by identifying efficiency opportunities, driving continuous improvement and delivering service excellence for our customers in the area of freight and transportation. This includes carrier cost & performance management, optimum network design, management of provider contracts and agreements, transportation capacity planning, development & deployment of freight policies and oversight of global freight spend.
The successful candidate should be a subject matter expert (SME) in logistics management as well as proficient in continuous improvement methodologies, data analysis and transportation related systems. The role will interact with senior stakeholders across Global Operations, Finance, Commercial and third-party service providers.
- Create and drive a 5-year Global Freight strategic plan, with annual updates. Scope to include Freight Spend, Network Design, Carriers/Suppliers, Delivery Methods and Service Levels.
- Own, maintain and drive an annual Global Freight continuous improvement roadmap that delivers improved costs, performance, quality and productivity.
- Drive global freight rate RFQ’s, negotiations, contracts and provider selections.
- Build and maintain a digital twin of the distribution network and perform simulations using the model leveraging strong end to end supply chain understanding
- Lead Supplier Management on behalf of the function with all Carrier/Forwarder service providers.
- Manage supplier performance, cost, improvement projects and secure/develop future capacities and capabilities. Conduct monthly/quarterly business reviews with service providers.
- Serve as primary Supplier Management escalation point for addressing and resolving ongoing issues and gaps.
- Act as GDF interface with Indirect Sourcing for Transportation Category Management and drive a high level of collaboration to best optimize spend globally.
- Contribute to developing AOP targets and build a framework for estimating freight spend. Analyze monthly variances and provide insights.
- Develop and publish a monthly metrics package highlighting performance, issues, improvements and opportunities in the freight and transportation space.
- Partner and collaborate with manufacturing sites regarding transportation provider enhancements.
- Create and deploy a set of Global Freight policies.
- Execute annual Voice of Customer process to assess logistics performance, identify gaps and to gain insights into emerging needs.
- Develop plan and drive Digitalization/Automation in the Global Freight management processes.
- Track and communicate impact of external developments, events and trends in the transportation area.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or logistics; Graduate degree highly preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in supply chain, distribution and logistics
- In depth knowledge and understanding of global logistics service providers, market dynamics and related services
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision,
- High attention to detail and follow through skills
- Project and program management skills and expertise
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholdes at all levels of the organization
- Robust experience with the use of Lean tools
- Willing to challenge status quo and drive change
- Self-starter; must be responsible, reliable, self-motivated and bias towards action required
- Advanced data handling and analysis capabilities
- Strong negotiating and interpersonal skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world’s leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We’re the problem solvers and innovators that aren’t afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We’re all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.
Location: Milford, MA
Job date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 06:56:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!