Job Vacancy Senior Director of Transportation Richmond County School System
Job title: Senior Director of Transportation
Company: Richmond County School System
Job description: Department or Location:Transportation Department
Job Title:Senior Director of Transportation
Reports To: Deputy Superintendent of Operations and Administrative Services
Days Worked: 235 Days (12 months)
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in business, school administration, logistics, or a field related to transportation functions.
Certification or Licensure: Valid Commercial Driver License (CDL) Class B with passenger (P) and safety (S) endorsements within 90 days of employment. A Director Certificate from the National Association of Pupil Transportation is required within two years after hire.
Skills: Must be knowledgeable of State and Federal regulations concerning school bus transportation. Knowledge regarding the county school system structure and function. Strong decision-making skills, budget experience, proven performance, and resource management skills. Ability to effectively lead, organize, and direct the work of others. Demonstrated ability to design and implement short and long-range objectives. Ability to relate to a wide variety of people and to observe, listen, and provide leadership which results in the best possible work environment. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Work Experience: Minimum three years of supervisory and/or administrative experience working in School Administration and/or Transportation related areas.
This position is responsible for providing a safe and efficient transportation system to meet all the requirements of the daily instructional programs and extracurricular activities for all eligible students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures conformity with all appropriate Georgia and Federal Laws, State Board of Education, and Richmond County Board of Education Policies, Rules, and Regulations.
2. Develops, administers, and supervises all phases of the Transportation Department.
3. Must keep abreast of construction standards on school buses at the State and Federal level.
4. Supervises the preparation and updating of bus schedules and routes for all schools in the district.
5. Must remain aware of current school programs that require transportation of students.
6. Recruits, trains, and supervises all transportation personnel and makes recommendations on their employment, transfer, promotion, and release.
7. Supervises the maintenance program for all district-owned vehicles and develops plans for preventive maintenance.
8. Prepares and administers the transportation budget.
9. Supervises and approves transportation payroll for all drivers and substitute drivers monthly.
10. Authorizes purchases following budgetary limitations and approves all invoices of such purchases.
11. Supervises the planning and conducting of safety workshops for bus drivers.
12. Maintains safety standards in conformance with state and insurance regulations and develops a program of preventive safety.
13. Supervises the scheduling of special school trips in cooperation with principals and other appropriate personnel.
14. Takes an active role in solving discipline problems occurring on school buses.
15. Develop recommendations for future equipment and personnel needs based on a survey of resident students, distances, and grade levels.
16. Ensures that bus drivers and related personnel conform to all state laws and regulations regarding school transportation. 17. The employee shall carry out such other and further duties, whether specifically listed above or not, as are assigned, or required by such employee’s supervisor, other appropriate school personnel, law, board policy, administrative regulation, department handbook, as are reasonably necessary to the efficient operation of the school system and its mission.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, stand, and sit.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Overtime or night work required. Attendance at evening school board meetings, ceremonies, and school programs is required. Ability to respond to school requirements at any time. Requires traveling to various sites on a frequent and unscheduled basis. Travel as required by job local, state, and nationally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Date Established: 05/2016
Date(s) Revised: 06/2023
This description may be changed at any time. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Board. Richmond County Schools reserves the right to update, revise, or change this job description and related duties at any time.
Job Title : Senior Director of Transportation
Primary Location : Transportation Department
Salary Range : $93,900.00 – $126,378.00 / School Year
Shift Type : Full-Time
Expected salary: $93900 – 126378 per year
Location: Richmond County, GA
Job date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 01:14:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!