Job Vacancy Senior Developer – Risk Management J Harlan Group
Job title: Senior Developer – Risk Management
Company: J Harlan Group
Job description: Senior Developer – Risk Management
NYC Investment Manager
J Harlan Group is currently conducting a search for a Senior Developer – Risk Management at a prominent NYC Investment Manager.
As a Senior Developer for the firm’s Risk Management team, you will be heavily involved in the ongoing development, maintenance, and optimization of the firm’s internal risk management system. This is excellent opportunity for the right candidate to have a significant impact on the evolution of risk management at the firm.
- Serve as the lead developer for the risk management system, with the objective of taking progressively more
- responsibility for system design and implementation decisions
- Work with the risk team to enhance risk analytics, reporting and data visualization tools
- Monitor risk processes daily, address issues as they arise, and catalog areas for improvement
- Develop a working understanding of the firm’s risk exposures, and work with the team to monitor daily
- Interact with other departments (trading, operations, accounting, IT and business development) as a key representative for the risk team
- Assist in maintaining and improving the firm’s quantitative research infrastructure
The ideal candidate would have a background including:
- Strong academic record with an advanced degree in math, quantitative finance, or related field
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming principles is essential
- 5+ years of experience developing large scale systems in C# or JAVA or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience with a Hedge Fund or Investment Bank in a software engineering role related to risk management, buyside experience preferred
- Working knowledge of quantitative finance; derivative pricing experience preferred
- In-depth knowledge of SQL/Oracle
Experience designing, maintaining, and troubleshooting complex systems
An individual who loves solving deep and complex technical and business problems and wants to have an outsized impact with the products they build and deliver. An individual with a passion for technology, high level of intellectual curiosity, a commitment to excellence and an unparalleled drive to deliver world-class technologies.
About the Client:
The firm is an SEC registered investment advisor, manages and advises private investment funds (hedge funds) and separately managed accounts. They are asset-class agnostic, investing in US and foreign equities, credit, fixed income, hybrids, and derivatives.
Their team looks globally across capital structures and markets, for attractively priced asset claims. They seek to isolate the claims they want to own from the risks they don’t, to construct positions with limited risks and asymmetric upside potential.
They have offices in New York, Minneapolis, Austin, London, and Sydney.
They seek candidates who are high-energy self-starters who want to join an investment management firm on the leading edge of the global markets. The management team needs individuals of the highest professional caliber who are leaders, problem solvers, analytic, detail-oriented, and entrepreneurial. Everyone at the firm works side-by-side with the firm’s senior partners in a highly collaborative and charged trading floor environment.
Successful candidates are:
- Analytic and relentless in pursuit of the right answer
- Strong communicators who excel at rapid synthesis
- Able to demonstrate sound business judgment
- Able to digest complexity while maintaining an understanding of the “big picture” of business needs
- Team players who are energized by a collaborative enterprise
The firm’s employees maintain the highest professional and ethical standards. The firm has earned a reputation for honesty, fair dealing, and transparency in a competitive industry. They believe that these standards are the foundation for superior investment performance and are critical to delivering performance to clients
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 22:20:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!