Job Vacancy Senior Business Analyst, Yard Capacity Analytics, Transportation Operations Management (TOM) Amazon
Job title: Senior Business Analyst, Yard Capacity Analytics, Transportation Operations Management (TOM)
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Transportation Operations Management (TOM) is seeking a talented Senior Business Analyst to join our team specializing in the development of data products (source of truth tables, reporting, visualizations, metrics) for internal stakeholder and customer consumption. The Yard Capacity Analytics team owns the determination of yard capacity across the TOM network, along with metrics for assessing yard risk and root cause analyses to drive continued growth. We need you to design data sets, create pipelines, documentation, visualizations and leverage your statistics knowledge to perform sensitivity analysis. The insights and analyses we produce drive optimization and value throughout the entire Amazon transportation network.
Key job responsibilities
– Create insightful recommendations by applying your statistics, analytical and business skills to complex problems
– Use insights to challenge, guide and illuminate our strategy, directly influencing our partners and customers
– Interface with Operations and Program stakeholders, gathering requirements and delivering end-to-end BI solutions
– Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting
– Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
– Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
– Translate ambiguous business problem statements into actionable analytical solutions, build metrics that quantify the impact of our work
– Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
– Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know when, how, and which to use
– Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for datasets
– Communicate verbally and in writing to business customers and leadership team with various levels of technical knowledge, educating them about our systems, as well as sharing insights and recommendations
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Atlanta, GA, USA | Austin, TX, USA | Bellevue, WA, USA | Minneapolis, MN, USA | Nashville, TN, USA | Santa Monica, CA, USA | Tempe, AZ, USA
– 5+ years of writing SQL queries and creating business intelligence reports using Tableau, Power BI experience
– Experience defining requirements and using data and metrics to draw business insights
– Experience with QuickSight dashboard and visual creation
– Experience making business recommendations and influencing stakeholders
– 5+ years of business or financial analysis, product costing, procurement, or a quantitative role experience.
– Experience working with supply chain, logistics, package or transportation network data.
– Experience with AWS Analytics tools like Redshift, Glue, Athena, EMR.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $94,600/year in our lowest geographic market up to $185,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Expected salary: $94600 per year
Location: Bellevue, WA
Job date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 03:10:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!