Job Vacancy Security Officer – Hospital Switchboard Operator Allied Universal
Job title: Security Officer – Hospital Switchboard Operator
Company: Allied Universal
Job description: Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, retirement plan, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for most full-time positions!
Now Hiring Switch Board Operators to oversee a hospital in Portstmouth, NH
- Starting pay $18.04 / hour
- Evening and overnight shifts:
- Thursday – 0000-0800
- Friday – 0000-0800
- Saturday – 1600-2400
- Sunday – 1600-2400
- Monday – 1600-2400
The Hospital Switchboard is a specialty of the Facility’s Security Department and reports to the Security Manager. The Switchboard Operator position involves screening and routing both internal and external calls. Working under supervision and within established protocols, operators perform tasks utilizing various telecommunication equipment along with all aspects of security monitoring including, but not limited to, hospital wide security alarms, gas alarms, generator alarms, refrigeration alarms and emergency code alarms, monitoring of security camera’s, radio paging system, secure provider paging system and monitoring all systems for equipment failures and security. The operator is also the second call down for management of various alarms that may be activated at our offsite locations. Switchboard Operators receive basic Security training, in order to be able to assist the Team if needed, with additional training in other areas available.
Other Skills Required:
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under the pressure of increased calls during peak operating hours and emergency calls
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in both Microsoft Office, Excel and Word
- Ability to process all transactions in a professional, efficient, courteous and timely manner
- Clear and effective communicator, written and verbal
- Ability to multitask
- The position must also be able to look-up on computer patient and staff information.
- Switchboard operators are responsible for hospital overhead paging
- Operators are also required to use two-way radios and emergency communications equipment.
- Ability to perform simultaneous tasks and execute appropriate judgment under sometimes hectic and stressful circumstances.
- Maintain a professional, pleasant and helpful manner. Communicate in a warm and courteous manner.
- Monitors and coordinates activities and assignments of patrol officers and other security personnel via the radio and security computer systems
- Maintains status and location of all on-duty patrol officers and other security personnel
- May remain at the Communication Center past their normal work shift in the event of an emergency situation
- Receives Security training in: Crisis Prevention Intervention and Trauma Informed Care, response to missing persons, and basic Security skills.
Training in other Security Department areas such as: Patient Transport, Valet, Concierge, and standard Security roles available.
Qualified applicants for the Professional Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- At least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or Verifiable High School Diploma or GED (Certificates of Completion not acceptable)
- No criminal charges in the past 7 years. No open/pending charges accepted regardless of level.
- Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must always maintain current active status of all required License, and must always carry the license while on duty
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Answer phones or greet guests / employees in a professional, welcoming manner
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Physical and Mental Functions:
- Climb and descend stairs to all floors of the hospital in the event elevators are not accessible due to mechanical issues or emergency situations.
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Assist in lifting patients as needed to either assist nursing staff or help transport expired patients
- Restrain violent/combative patients to prevent injuries to themselves and others
- Run as needed
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information:
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: .
Expected salary: $18.04 per hour
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Job date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 06:18:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!