Job Vacancy SDS – Principal Supply Chain Logistics Specialist Northrop Grumman
Job title: SDS – Principal Supply Chain Logistics Specialist
Company: Northrop Grumman
Job description: US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be available
CLEARANCE TYPE: Secret
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the Time
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Supply Chain Logistics Specialist. This position will be located in VSFB, CA. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You’ll Get To Do:
Responsible for the receipt, delivery and inspection of incoming material, central stores/warehousing of program and/or company-acquired material and packaging and shipping services. Provides packaging engineering support, special container design, packaging estimates and format quotes. Ensures the retention of material and supplies for future use and in support of production and/or engineering. Responsible for the accountability and accuracy of physical records. Provides transportation of material and correspondence within the local Northrop Grumman business environment. Maintains functional records in support of internal and external audits to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures. Manages, develops or carries out delivery in accordance with local established business policies, procedures and public law. Ensures accuracy of delivery information. Ensures: finished goods inventories, non-proprietary government property inventory, transportation, import/export requirements, and customer returns in conjunction with business area personnel.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree with 6 years of relevant experience, Master’s with 4 years of relevant experience; 4 years of additional relevant experience can be considered in lieu of degree
- US Citizenship and Active DOD Secret Clearance
- Proficient in basic computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project).
- Valid United States Driver License in good standard
- Ability to pass required certifications such as, but not limited to: Department of Transportation (DOT): Certification in hazardous materials handling and transportation and International Air Transport Association (IATA): certification in hazardous materials handling and transportation
- Ability to lift up to 45 lbs. without assistance
- Ability to lift greater than 50 lbs. with help from another employee not to exceed 100 lbs.
- Ability to operate a Forklift
- Ability to operate a Reach
- Ability to operate a cargo van
- Ability to work hours necessary to meet business objectives. This may include working overtime (40+ hours in a work week)
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Systems Applications Processes (SAP)
- Ryder Domestic Transportation Management System Program
- Active DOD Secret Clearance within the last 5 years
Salary Range: $78,500.00 – $117,700.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Expected salary: $78500 – 117700 per year
Location: Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA
Job date: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 22:26:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!