Job Vacancy Schedule & Logistics Coordinator – New Britain, CT CRH & Recrutement
Job title: Schedule & Logistics Coordinator – New Britain, CT
Company: CRH & Recrutement
Job description: Job ID: 482710
Tilcon Connecticut Inc., a CRH company, has played a vital role in building infrastructure around our state, serving the market from 23 locations throughout Connecticut. As a leading supplier of quality crushed stone, hot mix asphalt, and ready mix concrete, Tilcon Connecticut has supported the construction of superior roads, buildings and bridges. The most respected name in the construction industry, from the quarry to the road, Tilcon Connecticut does it all!
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Tilcon Connecticut Inc. and CRH is the company for you! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Applicant must be a team player willing to help find solutions, detail oriented, able to read and interpret construction plans, specifications, bidding platform (HCSS) to create and maintain a detailed schedule for all Milling, Paving, and Civil Construction projects.
Job Duties for heavy civil infrastructure, paving, and milling, acting as the project scheduler for the following:
- Project Scheduling using Primavera P6 software.
- Resource and Cost loaded baseline schedules.
- Analysis of project documents to identify any project impacts.
- Identify all Critical Path Items.
- Present schedule narrative.
- Attend weekly progress meetings.
- Update with all change orders and lead time delays.
- Submit time extensions – CTDOT818 full submission with schedule back-up .
- Primary user in Droptime.
- Work side by side with Operations and Project Managers.
- Verify project #, phase #, plant location, client, product type.
- Create and maintain yearly schedule .
- Forecast peak demands.
- Collaboration with Transportation & Logistics and help forecast weekly & monthly Trucking demand vs. supply.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
- High school diploma is required.
- Civil Engineering Degree or Civil Engineering Technologist or Technician Diploma, Construction Management undergrad and related experience is preferred.
- Prior experience in Primavera and civil scheduling processes is preferred.
- Standard working week – 50 hours per week.
- Overtime may be required based on operational requirements.
- Travel to/from/within jobsite(s) – compensation program for business travel
- Must pass drug screen and background check before being employed .
- Valid full driver’s license
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals and objective.
- Focused on details, highly organized and works effectively with shifting priorities and rapid change.
- Effectively examines events, issues and problems to generate optimal solutions in a timely manner.
- Communicates with impact and creates an environment in which people communicate openly and honestly.
- Fosters teamwork and cooperation with a strong ability to work with a highly functional team of experts.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment in designated operations and construction areas as outlined by OSHA, MSHA, and state agencies. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position: Hardhat, safety glasses, face shield, reinforced toed shoes, hand protection, respirator, air monitor, reflective safety vest, and hearing protection.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to sit, walk and stand for periods of time. The employee is required to use a computer.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust to focus.
- Repetitive Motion
- Fine Motor
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position requires an employee to lift
- 0 – 10 lbs.
10 – 25 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near electrical components and controls, moving mechanical parts, and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, snowy and icy conditions, heat, and cold. The employee frequently works outside.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Working With Others
- Hot Weather
- Cold Weather
- Wet Weather
- Exposed to Noise
- Exposed to High Heat
- Moving Equipment
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Internal applicants: Prior to applying for any internal position, it is a requirement that employees must first notify their manager.
Tilcon Connecticut Inc. is a leading supplier of quality crushed stone, hot mix asphalt and ready mix concrete products throughout the state of Connecticut. We also provide heavy and highway construction, site work, and paving services for state and local road, bridge, and highway projects.
Tilcon Connecticut Inc. and CRH is a great place to grow. If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Thank you for your interest in expanding your career with Tilcon Connecticut Inc. and CRH Americas Materials.
CRH Americas Materials has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas Materials family. CRH Americas Materials operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas Materials is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services with 1400 locations nationwide. From coast to coast, CRH Americas Materials delivers quality, dependable results to customers ranging from federal agencies to small construction companies. Our culture is special as well. Our most valued asset is our people, and Talent Management is an ongoing process that helps us to identify, develop, and leverage more than 18,000 employees. Whether we are safely paving miles of interstate, building two thousand-foot-long bridges or building roads in national parks, CRH Americas Materials continued investment in people, performance, and communities has positioned us as an industry leader.
Complete an on-line application at the Careers section of our website:
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Tilcon Connecticut Inc. proudly supports Affirmative Action, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or national origin. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Tilcon Connecticut Inc. is a drug-free work environment.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Tilcon Connecticut Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this .
Date: Jul 6, 2023
Location: New Britain, CT
Job date: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 07:31:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!