Job Vacancy Safety Specialist – Transportation Keolis
Job title: Safety Specialist – Transportation
Job description: Description :
- Interpretation of state and federal regulatory governance
- Safety program management and delivery
- Effectively communicate safety concepts with business units
- Maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Work change management in an operational context with transportation
- Able to effectively extrapolate using key data and experience
- Able to interpret operational direction in a safety context in each department.
- Judge tasking requirements in order to effectively manage time
Knowledge and Experience
- 5+ years of operational experience within a rail organization
- Have held a qualification as a conductor, dispatcher, or engineer for 3+ years.
- NORAC qualifications.
- RWP qualifications preferred.
- Understanding of the concepts within Systems Safety
- Knowledge of railroad equipment, preventative maintenance and equipment cycling
- Proficiency in MS Office software
- Proficient writing and language skills
- Other software (MS Project, Comply 365, Power BI, MS Visio, Coruson, TRMS)
Event (accident/incident) Management
- Member of on-call roster for event management
- Perform on-call duties for event management (as per SOP/ERP)
- Participate in investigations, gather evidence and prepare reports within required timelines
- Follow the lead investigator as directed
- Liaise with Transportation management for implementation of recommendations
- Behave in a manner that supports the principles of ‘just’ and ‘learning’ thus advancing the safety culture
- Develop and maintain knowledge of operational risk management understanding key differences between risk assessment process and implementation tools
- Provide safety expertise and advise for risk assessments (participate as team member)
- Ensure risk assessments are documented, tracked and reviewed (where appropriate)
- Develop and review change management plans with business units
- Ensure departments are appropriately documenting system changes
- Ensure change post implementation assessments are carried out
- Be familiar with health and safety including fire prevention, safety equipment, and first-aid supplies
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments to ensure compliance with safety standards and regulations.
- Ensure all facilities have emergency evacuation plans and conduct drills
- Investigate and prepare response for OHSA related issues
- Liaise with Occupational Health & Safety Manager to ensure Hazardous Materials inventories are maintained
- Work with Occupational Health & Safety Manager to ensure the Health & Safety Content of safety related training is completed throughout the business.
- Taskings for this position will be by agreement of Director of Operational Safety, Director of Train Crews and Director of Network Planning
- Develop and maintain a trust-based constructive/productive working relationship with the management of the business units
- Provide advice and recommendations to business units that minimize disruption (as much as possible) and demonstrate an effective partnership between Safety and business units
- Ride a minimum of one train per month, conduct familiarization visit in dispatch once per quarter
- Design and participate in safety initiatives as required
- Prepare safety alerts and advisories as required
- Prepare presentations and minutes for Safety led meetings as required
- Member of the Transportation Safety Committee – log safety issues/actions for follow up
- This position is required to be on-call on the duty roster. The organization may provide logistics such a company vehicle and tablet for the purpose of this function.
- This role may be required to perform other functions under the direction of Director Operational Safety
Working Conditions (including Physical Demands)
- This position can expect to spend up to 80% in facilities across the network or outdoors.
- The nature of the incident response will expose the candidate to loud noise, extreme temperatures, and possible fatalities.
- Essential Physical Requirements – able to type, climb, traverse uneven surfaces.
- Travel Requirements – position requires travel within Massachusetts and Rhode Island to all facilities across the network.
- Some out-of-office hours work may be required. Position is on the on-call roster (24 hours approximately every 6-12 days).
Drug and alcohol screening: Employment contingent upon passing pre-employment drug and alcohol screen. Also, contingent upon receiving a favorable background check. Must pass a physical examination.
Safety commitment: Safety is a way of life at Keolis. By placing safety first, we ensure the well being of our employees, customers, and communities. Together we can become the most successful transportation company in the world.
Environmental commitment: Keolis is committed to protecting the environment by minimizing the impact of operations to our people and the communities in which we operate.
EEO statement: Our policy is to afford Equal Employment Opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or gender identification. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
ADA Reasonable Accommodation: Keolis CS is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Keolis CS will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations
Disclaimer and closing statement: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Keolis is committed to offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits, opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible
Location: Somerville, MA
Job date: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 22:30:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!