Job Vacancy Risk Manager (Program Administrator 3) Administrative Services
Job title: Risk Manager (Program Administrator 3)
Company: Administrative Services
Job description: This position is telework eligible (hybrid) under the current DAS telework agreement.
The (DAS), Office of Information Technology (OIT) is seeking an experienced and motivated IT professional to serve as a Risk Manager (Program Administrator 3) to join the Ohio Benefits Program team.
Led by Director Kathleen C. Madden, the Ohio Department of Administrative Services is the engine of state government, providing innovative solutions and supporting the efficient operation of state agencies, boards and commissions. The Office of Information Technology at DAS delivers information technology (IT) and telecommunication services to State of Ohio agencies, boards and commissions.
What You’ll Do:
Manages the Ohio Benefits Program risk management workstream to enable continued data sharing with CMS, IRS and SSA through compliance with their program regulations. In so doing:
- Facilitates communication with risk management, legal and procurement groups in DAS and with partner agencies for resolution.
- Promotes and ensures awareness of risk management requirements to meet state and federal compliance.
- Completes risk assessments of new product releases, system enhancements and service changes to supplement security assessments.
- Periodically completes product security assessments.
- Monitors risks through the product enhancement and defect management processes.
Utilizing knowledge of compliance standards, policies, procedures and communications in order to manage all aspects of the Ohio Benefits Program audit compliance workstream:
- Maintains functional workstreams for audit activities.
- Serves as the primary point of contact and coordinator for all Ohio Benefits Program audits.
- Monitors and reports audit findings and corrective action plans to leadership and partner agencies as directed.
- Maintains and communicates audit schedule; coordinates audit activities with other program activities.
- Maintains knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations to ensure program compliance.
Performs other duties as required such as but not limited to:
- Attends required state staff meetings
- Makes presentations to program, agencies, executive management, public and private groups as directed
- Attends authorized conferences and seminars
What’s in it for you:
At the State of Ohio, we take care of the team that cares for Ohioans. We provide a variety of quality, competitive benefits to eligible full-time and part-time employees. For a list of all the State of Ohio Benefits, visit our ! Our benefits package includes:
- Quality, affordable, and competitive medical benefits are offered through the available Ohio Med plans.
Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
- Dental, vision, and basic life insurance premiums are free after completed
. Length of eligibility period is dependent on union representation.
Time Away From Work and Work/Life Balance
- Paid time off, including vacation, personal, and sick leave
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Childbirth/Adoption leave
Employee Development Funds
- The State of Ohio offers a variety of educational and professional development funding that varies based on whether you are a union-exempt employee or a union-represented employee.
Ohio Public Employees Retirement System
- OPERS is the retirement system for State of Ohio employees. The employee contributes 10% of their salary towards their retirement. The employer contributes an amount equal to 14% of the employee’s salary. Visit the
for more information.
- The Ohio Deferred Compensation program is a 457(b) voluntary retirement savings plan. Visit the
for more information.
Ohio is a Disability Inclusion State and strives to be a Model Employer of Individuals with disabilities. The State of Ohio is committed to providing access and inclusion and reasonable accommodation in its services, activities, programs and employment opportunities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other applicable laws.
The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working in Governance and Compliance and brings detail-oriented work skills to the role. The person that fills this role must be able to identify and prioritize risk information as requested, but to identify risk mitigation and compliance options. A strong background in compliance work and an understanding of project management techniques is preferred, but not mandatory for the right candidate. The position is for a hybrid teleworking environment with at least two days per week on-site in the downtown Columbus Office.
Completion of undergraduate core program in business administration, management or public administration; 36 mos. trg. or 36 mos. exp. in supervisory, administrative &/or managerial position.
-Or completion of undergraduate core program for academic field of study commensurate with program area to be assigned per approved Position Description on File; 36 mos. trg. or 36 mos. exp. in supervisory, administrative, managerial &/or staff position involving planning, research &/or policy/procedure development.
-Or 5 yrs. trg. or 5 yrs. exp. in business administration, management or public administration.
-Or 1 yr. exp. as Program Administrator 2, 63123.
-Or equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications For Employment noted above.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge * Risk management plans, practices and principles
- State and Federal Compliance policies and regulations, particularly as applied to Medicaid, SNAP, TANF, and Childcare Programs as applied in the State of Ohio and to Data Sharing particularly as it concerns PHI and PPI.
- Audit compliance processes and procedures, particularly as they apply in the public sector.
Skills * Written and Verbal Communications including but not limited to the drafting of technical reports and documents, letters, emails and presentations
- Proficient use of common Microsoft tools such as Word, Excel and Power Point
- Time management and task prioritization
Abilities * Work effectively in matrix and team-based structures
- Demonstrate professionalism in all interactions with both internal and external stakeholders
- Continuously acquire and leverage current information relevant to job duties
- Work with project management teams to identify and track milestones and meet project timelines and budget requirements
Location: Franklin County, OH – Columbus, OH
Job date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 06:50:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!