Job Vacancy REGISTERED NURSE, OUTPATIENT NURSING UNIT South Georgia Medical Center
Job title: REGISTERED NURSE, OUTPATIENT NURSING UNIT
Company: South Georgia Medical Center
Job description: Description
Location: Main Campus
Department: OUTPATIENT NURSING
Schedule: PRN, Varied Hours/Shift, prn
Promotes the delivery of quality patient care through implementation of the nursing process for all age groups cared for on the unit. Functions as patient advocate, assists with financial control and cost effective functioning of the unit; participates in the evaluation of unit personnel; and assists with professional growth and development of staff. Maintains an atmosphere which ensures South Georgia Medical Center’s values, goals, policies and procedures are consistently supported and enforced.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education, Certification, & Licensure: ⚬ Current RN License in State of Georgia ⚬ CPR required
- One (1) year experience in related specialty area preferred.
- Ability to work well individually and as a team leader or member.
- Demonstrated ability to assess & adapt to new situations, think critically, manage priorities & utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret policies, standards, and think critically evaluating patient care issues.
- Strong clinical nursing skills in assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation.
- Ability to communicate clearly with, and care for diverse population of patients/family units of all ages, a variety of cultures, and/or persons occasionally exhibiting stressed behaviors.
- Ability to operate clinical equipment, computer, telecommunication devices and patient information systems.
WORKING CONDITIONS – ADA INFORMATION
Duties require considerable sitting, standing, mental effort, stooping, bending, lifting (in excess of fifty 50 lbs.), pushing objects (carts, beds, and wheelchairs), and ability to operate office equipment. Considerable mental effort, ability to work in confined high stress environment. Able to formulate judgements based on the recognition of normal physiology and signs and symptoms of disease processes. Liaison for patients, families, physicians, other health care employees, ancillary departments, & hospital administration.
Location: Valdosta, GA
Job date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 22:09:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!