Job Vacancy REGISTERED NURSE, OPERATING ROOM South Georgia Medical Center
Job title: REGISTERED NURSE, OPERATING ROOM
Company: South Georgia Medical Center
Job description: Description
Location: Main Campus
Department: OPERATING ROOM
Schedule: , 8 HR Day Shift, 0630-1500 with call
Demonstrates professional nursing care to all patients during the “peri-operative phase” and supervision of associated personnel in these and related activities. The dimensions of practice range from preoperative assessment to intraoperative intervention to postoperative evaluation. It is a practice designed to meet an individual patient’s needs through the nursing process, ensuring continuity of care during the surgical experience. By assessment of the individual patient and procedure, the nurse anticipates the needs of the team and provides such services while maintaining an aseptic and safe environment. Establishes, implements, and maintains an inventory of supply items utilized by designated specialty service. Assures availability for current physician preference cards. Assists with product evaluation and education of staff regarding specialty supply and equipment for service. Determines effectiveness and cost efficiency of potential new products as directed by the OR Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education, Certification, & Licensure: ⚬ Current RN License in State of Georgia ⚬ CPR required
- One (1) year experience in related specialty area preferred.
- Ability to work well individually and as a team leader or member.
- Demonstrated ability to assess & adapt to new situations, think critically, manage priorities & utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret policies, standards, and think critically evaluating patient care issues.
- Strong clinical nursing skills in assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation.
- Ability to communicate clearly with, and care for diverse population of patients/family units of all ages, a variety of cultures, and/or persons occasionally exhibiting stressed behaviors.
- Ability to operate clinical equipment, computer, telecommunication devices and patient information systems.
WORKING CONDITIONS – ADA INFORMATION The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to walk and reach and stretch with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, and control knobs, of equipment and/or instruments.
- Frequently required to stand for long periods of time; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear; and smell.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally excessive strength is required to restrain confused or combative patients.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts and with explosive materials.
- Frequent exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and risk of radiation.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Location: Valdosta, GA
Job date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 22:22:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!