Job Vacancy REGIONAL EMERGENCY RESPONSE DISPATCHER Military, Veterans and Diverse Job Seekers
Job title: REGIONAL EMERGENCY RESPONSE DISPATCHER
Company: Military, Veterans and Diverse Job Seekers
Job description: Duties
- You will screen incoming communications to prioritize emergency/non-emergency calls and situations.
- You will determine the response agency and services to be rendered based on the severity of situation and manpower availability.
- You will operate a variety of communications equipment (e.g., Computer Aided Dispatch [CAD], emergency radios, enhanced 911, Enterprise Land Mobile Radio (ELMR), Telecommunication Devices for the Deaf (TDD), to communicate dispatch instructions.
- You will provide post-dispatch and pre-arrival instruction to numerous and dissimilar emergency response assets.
- You will instruct callers with emergency first aid techniques until emergency services arrive.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Per the preliminary nationwide injunction on E.O. 14043, COVID-19 vaccinations will not be implemented or enforced. For more information on vaccine status and workplace safety protocol requirements see Additional Information below.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver?s license.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- This is a Mission Essential position. You will be required to ensure organization or facility continuity of operations and/or completion of tasks that are considered essential to the mission designated by a local or command decision.
This position requires the ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
Location: San Diego, CA
Job date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 22:31:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!