Job Vacancy R&D Senior Scientist – Biology/Bioproduction Mirus Bio, LLC
Job title: R&D Senior Scientist – Biology/Bioproduction
Company: Mirus Bio, LLC
Job description: Job description
For over 25 years, Mirus Bio pioneered the manufacture of transfection reagents and proprietary technologies for nucleic acid delivery applications. Our work is technical and cutting-edge, and we promote a culture of creativity, responsibility, and respect. Our team members are engaged and motivated by the desire to support our customers and partners to achieve strong results, whether they are in research, development, or production. Mirus, together with Gamma Biosciences, is establishing the future of science and medicine by developing products that enable product developers within the cell and gene therapy space.
OUR MISSION: Empower Discovery. Enable Innovation. Improve Life.
We are seeking an experienced R&D Senior Scientist to drive new product development and create application data related to the upstream production of recombinant adeno-associated virus (AAV), lentivirus (LV), and biotherapeutic proteins in mammalian cells. The emphasis of this role is to design and execute experiments which are aligned with Mirus Bio’s transfection technology and new product line growth strategy. This individual contributor position will report to the V.P. of Scientific Operations and Product Management. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of cellular and molecular biology, as well as a strong mix of scientific intellect, collaboration, and excellent communication skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Devise, execute, and evaluate laboratory experiments that support the development of new and existing transfection technologies and products including the generation of application data.
- Assess the technical feasibility of potential new projects and areas for growth related to recombinant adeno-associated virus (AAV) and lentivirus (LV) production to further support and develop the VirusGEN® GMP Product lines and biotherapeutic protein product to further support and develop the CHOgro® HY Expression System product line.
- Use cellular and molecular biology techniques to create new assays and internal protocols necessary to further our understanding and meet project goals.
- Contribute to product development timelines, budgets, and progress summaries
- Present technical seminars and posters at scientific meetings and customer sites
- Author patents and scientific articles, experimental protocols, manufacturing protocols as needed.
- Act as a scientific resource for upstream mammalian cell culture and related transfection and bioproduction topics.
- Lead the transfer of technologies, products and methods from R&D to Production Group or external CMO
- Retain familiarity with current scientific literature and new technologies
- Maintain a detailed laboratory notebook
- Support quality standards by establishing and enforcing organization processes
- Maintain strong working relationships within Product Management, Marketing, Support, and Project Management
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Biology or related field, or Masters of Science (M.S.) with commensurate work experience.
- 0-3 years post-doctoral work, previous experience working for a life sciences company or CDMO is preferred.
- Experience with transient transfection, AAV pr LV production, large-scale bioreactors, stable cell line generation, plasmid design, qPCR/dPCR, metabolite analysis, CRISPR, flow cytometry and fluorescence/luminescence-based assays is preferred.
- Intellectually curious; able to assimilate a broad base of information to quickly understand customer needs and match those to opportunities and internal capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities using effective problem solving, resolution skills, and a team focus.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally throughout an organization, leveraging soft skills to communicate and lead through influence
- Ability to travel independently 5% of the time, including overnight travel
- Ability to drive a vehicle; Must have current and valid U.S. driver license
Our Core Values
Mirus is a team-oriented company where we work to carry out our mission to:
At the heart of our mission is our passion to give our customers and the scientific community the best transfection products, methods and applications.
Mirus Bio is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits and training. Mirus Bio makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Mirus Bio is committed to the inclusion of all qualified individuals in the hiring process, including but not limited to those with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application or interview process, please contact
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job requirements for the positions listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. COVID vaccination is required for all new employees, but Mirus is committed to following the mandates of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider accommodations for disability and religious based reasons.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Madison, WI
Job date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 07:08:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!