Job Vacancy Property Accountant Commercial Real Estate Embarcadero Capital Partners LLC
Job title: Property Accountant Commercial Real Estate
Company: Embarcadero Capital Partners LLC
Job description: Embarcadero Capital Partners is a real estate investment and management firm based on the San Francisco Peninsula. We invest in dynamic, development-constrained U.S. markets that are known for intellectual capital and creative business culture.
Join a Diverse and Talented Team:
Embarcadero Capital Partners consists of a diverse team of seasoned industry professionals. We have the experience and expertise to identify and capitalize on opportunities in every major U.S. market. Our group’s capabilities encompass all aspects of commercial real estate including acquisition, finance, development, leasing, management, and disposition. ECP’s in-house management and leasing staff work with a variety of third-party brokers and property management groups to execute defined operating and investment objectives.
Base Salary + Bonus DOE. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and a retirement plan.
- Manage and maintain the books for multiple commercial properties for a growing real estate investment
- Reconcile intercompany accounts with Corporate for payables and equity accounts with ownership.
- Ensure the sub-ledgers reconcile to the general ledger monthly
- Manage the month-end close process for assigned properties. Prepare accruals and reconcile balance sheet accounts including monthly bank reconciliations
- Produce monthly/quarterly financial statements and work with property managers to prepare property management reports and variance analysis
- Prepare quarterly, or as needed cashflow reports for property
- Work with Chief Financial Officer on issues related to Tax & Insurance, Loan Administration, and Construction Draws
- Acquisitions & Dispositions: Work with Corporate Controller to prepare proration schedules during sale, post-closing entries and write-off of assets
- Work closely with property managers to prepare property budgets and quarterly reforecasts
- Work with property managers to prepare CAM reconciliations and estimates.
- Review and input lease abstracts prepared by property managers
- Perform and manage day-to-day accounting for assigned properties. Review posted daily cash receipts. Review invoices for proper coding. Reconcile cash accounts on a weekly basis. Review and ensure property expenses are properly recorded in a timely manner
- Monitor tenant AR account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities, and assist Property Manager in identifying collection issues. Assist property managers in researching tenant issues.
- Prepare requests for disposition of security deposits for tenants who have moved out within the required time frame and copies are filed properly.
- Work with Corporate Controller on audits & tax requests
- Assists in ensuring compliance with municipal, state, and federal regulations, including tax compliance. This includes but is not limited to preparing business property tax returns (571-L) business license applications, and year-end forms
- Provide ad hoc analysis and reports as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred
- 3+ years of general ledger accounting, real estate property management accounting preferred
- Understanding of real estate tax issues, a plus.
- Experience with preparation of CAM reconciliations for commercial real estate projects.
- Experience with financial statement variance analysis with narratives
- CPA preferred, not required
The following skills are required:
- Excellent analytical, organizational and people skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with MRI accounting software preferred
- Proficiency with Excel and MS Word
- Must be hands-on, detail oriented and possess the ability to look beyond the box
- Ability to work independently and proactive planning are needed to succeed in this position.
Location: Redwood City, CA
Job date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 22:46:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!