Job Vacancy Project Manager Suhdutsing Contracting Services
Job title: Project Manager
Company: Suhdutsing Contracting Services
Job description: About Suh’dutsing Contracting Services
Suh’dutsing Contracting Services (SCS or Company), established in 2008, is a Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), and Tribally Owned 8(a), as certified pursuant to the Small Business Administration 8(a) Business Development Program regulations, which is headquartered in Cedar City, Utah. As part of a family of companies held by Cedar Band Corporation – including Suh’dutsing Telecom, Suh’dutsing Technologies, and Suh’dutsing Aerospace – we deliver an array of construction services and information and telecommunication technologies to customers and clients across the nation. We service Federal, State, and Local agencies, as well as the private sector, providing construction services and operations management, information technology, information systems, emerging technologies, and specialized engineering project services in the construction industry, IT, IS, and engineering fields.
ABOUT CEDAR BAND CORPORATION
We are a federally chartered tribal corporation wholly owned by the Cedar Band of Paiute Indians. Deeply rooted in our rich history, we provide industry leading military and government contractor services, including construction management, technology, telecommunications, and staffing solutions, as well as mortgage industry, convenience store, and beverage distribution services to federal agencies and commercial industries. From our modest beginnings as a single IT company with one contract, we have grown to ten branded companies across the nation. Headquartered in Cedar City, Utah, with regional offices and project sites in South Jordan, UT; Tooele, UT; Las Vegas, NV; Huntsville, AL, and Farmington, UT; and more, we employ over 100 employees, who are all committed to our vision to be an industry leader as a tribally owned business that provides world-class services. To attract and retain high-caliber employees, we offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a dynamic work environment based on open, clear, and concise communications and honesty.
The Project Manager will oversee the organizing, managing, and planning of projects for the Company’s contract operations. They will be responsible for the various matters of research, development, and product implementation as well as oversee and ensure on-site safety, schedule delivery, quality of work performed, and adherence to project plans and specifications as well as budget.
Salary/Wage: $120,000 to $160,000 DOE (depending on experience)
Location/Work Site: Remote and on-site as per work and project needs.
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits Package includes – Medical (HSA or HRA option), Dental, Vision, Voluntary Supplemental Life and AD&D, Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness, Accidental, Identity Theft Protection, Pet Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability, and enrollment in Company Mental Health Plan and Wellness Program. Additional benefits include Paid Time Off, 11 Paid Holidays per calendar year, 401-K Retirement Plan, and Quarterly Performance Bonus Plan.
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.) * Oversees a team of managers and analysts to ensure projects are completed on time and to specifications.
- Oversees and makes decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, and quality control.
- Oversees work among assigned trades to promote coordinated project operations. Resolves local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment schedule, and all other appropriate matters.
- Manages the overall site safety program as required and ensures subcontractor compliance with Company and client project standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Creates three-week look ahead schedules, schedules updates, and determines the sequencing of work. Develops and implements recovery strategies to maintain the project schedule, if needed.
- Communicates with owners and architects/engineers in connection with field issues. Investigates and resolves such issues.
- Manages the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with the project plans and specifications.
- Leads an interdepartmental team to complete an assigned project on time, to specifications, and with accuracy and efficiency.
- Delegates work and assignments to team members based on expertise, work experience, and time constraints.
- Conducts cost analysis, estimating expected costs for the project, and preparing and implementing the budget based on estimates.
- Addresses questions, concerns, and/or complaints throughout the project.
- Acts as a liaison between the company, client, and vendors.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Management.
Competencies * Has ability to pass a background check and obtain access to contract project site facilities.
- Must have knowledge of ground-up vertical construction.
- Familiar with U.S. Army Corp of Engineers procedures (preferred but not required).
- Maintains understanding of construction means/methods.
- Must possess computer skills and the ability to navigate Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Adobe Acrobat, Excel, and Procore.
- Must possess the ability to read, write, and communicate in clear and precise English.
- Maintains the ability to understand and interpret contract documents, drawings specifications, scopes of work, and project schedules.
- Is a results-driven and professional PM.
- Possesses effective problem-solving, analysis, and decision-making skills.
- Has overall exceptional project management skills and attention to detail.
- Is customer/client focused with strong teamwork orientation.
To be determined by Company President.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The location of the position will vary depending on assignment and project, including sites at Hill AFB in Ogden, UT and Dugway Proving Grounds, UT.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with the hours of work and days being Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. with occasional evenings and weekend work as job duties demand.
Travel is expected, approximately 10-15% of the job.
Education and Experience * Bachelor’s degree (Preferred) and 5+ years of job-related experience; OR
- 8-10+ years of job-related experience (references required).
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license.
- EM385-1-1 Certification preferred and or 30-hour OSHA (Preferred).
- CPR Certification (Preferred).
- Construction Quality Control Management Certification (Preferred).
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be authorized to legally work within the United States of America.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Expected salary: $120000 – 160000 per year
Location: Cedar City, UT
Job date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 07:51:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!