Job Vacancy Project Manager – Electric Utilities Leidos
Job title: Project Manager – Electric Utilities
Job description: Description
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Leidos Engineering is seeking an experienced Project Manager to oversee and coordinate Transmission-Level projects for a large electric utility client in Florida. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in managing complex projects related to the planning, design and construction of transmission infrastructure. This role will have client facing responsibilities and requires expertise in navigating the regulatory landscape and ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
The Project Manager will be part of an established Project Management Office (PMO) within Leidos’ Power Delivery Solutions Division that provides consulting services to both public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities. These consulting services provide clients with overall project management tasks in the areas of comprehensive engineering design of electrical transmission and distribution, substation and transmission line projects nationwide.
As a Project Manager, you can expect to:
- Independently manage capital transmission projects, ensuring all phases of approved project assignments are completed efficiently and within scope, schedule and budget.
- Interface with utility management personnel groups including planning, asset management, engineering, construction, siting, public outreach, and regulatory relations, legal and administrative departments.
- Manage various sized transmission projects for public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities located in Southeast United States, mainly Florida.
- Ensure project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within stakeholder approve project parameters.
- Client stakeholder engagement will involve progress reporting, capital expenditure forecasting, earned value financial management, schedule adherence and risk mitigation across a portfolio of substation, transmission and distribution projects.
- Lead a team of assistant project managers, project schedulers, project controllers, siting and public outreach personnel, environmental and permitting personnel and multi-discipline engineering departments that are assigned to project work.
- Consistently communicate and work with ease across multiple program and function support areas including: client, project teams, functional leadership, subcontractors, and support personnel.
- Assist client procurement and estimating departments with the preparation of bid documents, development of requests for proposal responses and cost estimates.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project dashboard reports and KPI tracking.
- Oversee various and specific proposal development efforts that accurately defines the project scope, schedule and budgets.
- Manage the development of required outage and construction execution plans.
- Ensure a good working relationship between the project team, line managers, and interfacing organizations.
- Write comprehensive and technical and project reports.
- Coordinate client billing and invoice resolution.
What you will bring to the table (Background Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in one the following disciplines: Engineering, Business, Finance or closely related
- A minimum of 5+ years’ of relevant Project Management experience
- Previous work experience within the electric power industry and knowledge of business issues associated with power delivery services.
- Familiarity with Florida’s regulatory environment for electric utilities.
- Must demonstrate recent and in-depth expertise in electric power infrastructure projects within transmission design.
- Must have the capability for planning, organizing, directing and tracking technical efforts on assigned tasks.
- Should be capable of tracking cost and schedule status of assigned tasks
- Ability to take direction from and discuss decisions with supervisor, and to coordinate with peers on project
- Must be able to interact with customer representatives in an effective manner in briefings meetings
- Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- PMP Certification is preferred but not required; Ideal Candidates will have a desire to obtain PMP Certification within two years
- Periodic travel is required; Candidates should possess valid US driver’s license
At Leidos, we pride ourselves on being a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Our Power Delivery Services Team is the go-to for utilities and mobile operators who need reliable power and telecommunication expertise. We’ve worked with over 50 investor-owned utilities, over 160 municipals/cooperatives, and we’re continuing to expand our reach. Plus, we’ve got an amazing group of industry-leading construction partners who help us deliver meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader has been confirmed time and time again. Engineering News-Record (ENR) has ranked Leidos among the Top 10 T&D Firms and Top 10 Power Firms.
We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that provide them with an opportunity to thrive, professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. Your greatest work is ahead!
Pay Range: Pay Range $68,900.00 – $124,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date: 01/29/2024
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Expected salary: $68900 – 124550 per year
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Job date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 08:20:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!