Job Vacancy Production Worker Powell Industries
Job title: Production Worker
Company: Powell Industries
Job description: Job Description: Employee assists Painters, Machine Operators, Welders, Material Handlers, and Leadpersons in performance of their work. Employee works under close supervision.
- Load unpainted metal parts onto the Paint Line.
- Load copper bars and pipe onto the Bus Insulation Line Conveyor.
- Unload painted metal parts from the Paint Line and properly attach the required part identification label.
- Assist with daily and weekly preventative maintenance of the Paint Line & Bus Insulation Line equipment and facilities.
- Move parts from one manufacturing operation to the next operation according to the part routing.
- Remove finished parts from sheet metal skeletons.
- Sort and stack parts by part number & job number combination.
- Assemble kits of parts to be welded.
- Assist machine operators with various tasks upon request.
- On occasion, be required to perform labor task such as painting, grinding, sanding or general cleaning task as directed by your supervisor or leadperson. Lifting of up to 50 lbs consistently.
- Must have a basic command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Ability to follow company operating procedures, safety rules and ISO requirements.
- Ability to learn to read mechanical part or assembly drawings.
- Ability to read and use a linear tape measure.
- Ability to work independently or part of a small team and perform required tasks with little direct supervision.
- Ability to maintain a clean work area by picking up trash and sweeping the floor. End of shift clean up is required.
- Ability to use computer software to control equipment or look-up company information.
- Ability to use basic math, reading and writing skills to perform job function.
In our 70+ year history, Powell has always known that our employees are at the heart of our success. Without question, we have the most talented people in all parts of our organization.
As a manufacturer, we recruit and hire experienced and knowledgeable applicants to ensure our product is engineered, fabricated and assembled to customer specifications!
Powered by Innovation – Powell’s culture has and will always be founded in our “can do” attitude. If we can imagine it, we can do it.
Become a part of our story, and let us help you write yours. Hard work pays off in all of our teams, with opportunity for advancement and promotion without sacrificing work-life balance. Successful candidates must have a legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis, with only those candidates selected for interview contacted.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use the careers site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling 713.378.2685. Application status inquiries will not be accepted in this manner.
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 06:18:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!