Job Vacancy Production Designer (Hotel Renovations) Hotel Rehabs
Job title: Production Designer (Hotel Renovations)
Company: Hotel Rehabs
Job description: Job description
Who You Are:
- An industry professional with design skills, brand expertise, product knowledge, and organizational aptitude for hospitality design and construction.
- A problem solver that can work with multiple other departments to tackle design challenges.
- A creative leader that can own multiple design-build projects from inception to closeout.
- A highly organized individual with a detailed eye for scope, brand and jurisdictional requirements, completeness, and schedule adherence.
- Tech-savvy and possess the ability to navigate and own projects with the utilization of the most up-to-date design documentation software and processes. You are always eager to learn new software and approaches within our industry.
Who Are We:
We are energetic, motivated, highly skilled hotel renovation experts that deliver major transformations of branded hotels (Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt) across the United States, utilizing unique, turnkey, design build delivery methodologies. We are a team of like-minded people that work together to carry the title of one of the fastest growing private companies in America (Inc. 5000). After years of successfully providing turnkey design-build services to hospitality industry clients, Hotel Rehabs is developing new in-house architecture and design production capabilities.
What We Offer:
- Industry-leading healthcare; Dental; Vision; Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Competitive salary with an expectation of a fast-track for career progression and promotion
- Generous time-off; Team-building events; Travel incentives; Matching charitable donations and opportunities for volunteerism
Production Designer Role and Duties Summary
The Production Designer will play a key part in the delivery of turnkey design build services to Hospitality clients nationwide. The Production Designer will be responsible for managing the entire design-build process, from project inception to the in-house production of construction documents, through construction administration and closeout phases of multiple projects. They will make sure each project is set-up for success, that all stakeholders are fully informed throughout the design-build process, and that all team members are working seamlessly together. In addition to production of design documents, the Production Designer will use their skills and knowlege to assist estimating, purchasing and construction department project managers with onsite design challenges, submittal reviews and product order changes.
Design Document Production
- Work with Director of Design Build and the Design Build Manager to plan, produce and manage all required design documentation
- Review PIP (Property Improvement Plans), SOW (Scope of Work) narratives, and proposal/ contract documents to establish project scope/parameters
- Plan check/permitting review and response
- Train, mentor, manage, and efficiently utilize assigned Design Build Coordinator
- Create regular monthly update reports for client during design phase
- Client management, maintain on-going relationships through regular contact and collaboration
- Interact with Estimating department to review/refine turn-key design build bid estimates and proposals and create schematic-level design build packages/sales presentation as required for high-confidence bids
- Peer review FF&E take-offs for turn-key design build estimates
Design, Procurement, & Compliance
- Lead kick-off site visit and prepare detailed property surveys
- Manage design schedule ensuring that critical milestones will be met
- Ensure work is performed to current hotel brand standards
- Understand and ensure compliance with ADA and other applicable building codes
- Construction administration including review and response to submittals, RFIs, shop drawings and product transmittals for custom FF&E materials, etc.
- Coordinate with Construction to ensure constructability, functionality, and budget management
- Coordinate with Purchasing to ensure all specs and take-offs align with scope of work
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or related field
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years post graduate experience working full-time in an Architect’s or Interior Designer’s office.
- Demonstrated proficiency in standard technical design production programs (AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam, Sketch-up, Adobe Photoshop, etc.)
- Prior construction document production experience, including correlating a complete set of working drawings
- Familiarity with building codes and accessibility standards
- Strong written, verbal, and computer communication and organizational skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Ability to sit and work on a computer for hours-long time periods
- Ability to commute daily to our Chicago office (one block from Metra!)
- Prior hospitality design experience
- A Master’s or professional degree and/or other professional certifications
- Licensure or desire to obtain professional licensure and to grow within this position and organization
- Prior experience delivering projects utilizing design build methodologies
Hotel Rehabs, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 01:58:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!