Job Vacancy Principal Systems Engineer – Experience with RF, Optics, Networking, or Telecommunications Standards – Active TS/SCI Required – ONSITE -Annapolis Junction, MD – (AST-CI) Raytheon Technologies
Job title: Principal Systems Engineer – Experience with RF, Optics, Networking, or Telecommunications Standards – Active TS/SCI Required – ONSITE -Annapolis Junction, MD – (AST-CI)
Company: Raytheon Technologies
Job description: Date Posted: 2023-08-22
Country: United States of America
Location: MD231: 306 Sentinel Drive Suite100 AJ 306 Sentinel Drive Suite 100, Annapolis Junction, MD, 20701 USA
Position Role Type: Unspecified
Applied Signal Technology (AST) is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer who strives for excellence and have a passion to be part of a team that strengthens our nation and improves the security of our world.
AST provides trusted strategic and tactical SIGINT solutions that secure the interests of the U.S. and its partners. AST’s work in areas such as high-capacity broadband communications, signal processing and analysis, tactical SIGINT, and wireless communications continually challenges our extraordinary engineers to resolve problems and make the world a safer place. AST’s work environment is passionate, highly collaborative and provides engineers the freedom to strengthen and expand their skills, explore new and creative ideas, and work closely with our nation’s finest service members all while embracing integrity, diversity, and work-life balance. AST offers generous reward and recognition programs in compensation, broad career development opportunities, excellent health care options, educational assistance, parental leave, flexible work schedules, 401(k) with matching, paid holidays and paid time off.
To find out more about AST please, click the link below.
We are seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to lead and consult on various products and programs, provide systems engineering on new and existing products, and develop and propose new concepts and solutions to customers focused on developing specialized new hardware for high-performance computing and networking.
This is an onsite position located at the Annapolis Junction, MD location.
*eligible for relocation*
- Hands-on interaction and work closely with our customers, senior management, program managers, and cross discipline technical staff to thoroughly understand customer objectives and then to develop solutions.
- Work on or lead research and development projects that extend into advanced technology exploration.
- Concept development, engineering design, integration and evaluation, and operations and maintenance of various systems or systems of systems.
- Extensive early and continuing interaction with customers to define solutions, project scope and then act as a liaison for the customer within the company
- Lead large groups of engineers and large design efforts, present formal presentations in front of large groups and customers
- Conduct detailed design reviews
- Handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Gain a detailed understanding of systems, flows, CONOPs and advanced concepts
- Innovate and provide strategic direction and make critical decisions while under pressure.
- Typically requires minimum of 8 years of practical experience in Systems Engineering or leading technical developments including experience with design, development and testing of custom hardware and software systems of high complexity
- Experience with Design, Development, Integration, and Test of large-scale systems for high-performance computing, networking, and storage
- Experience with RF, Optics, Networking, or Telecommunications standards and processing techniques
- Familiarity with data center or co-location infrastructure and environments
- Experience interacting with development teams to resolve discrepancies and issues
- Experience identifying, analyzing, and resolving problems in all phases of the system lifecycle
- Experience problem solving and debugging
- Experience recognizing areas of improvement or customer needs and relaying them to senior staff as business development possibilities
- Experience working with customers, end users, hardware design teams, and software design teams
- Active and Current TS/SCI (or Active within the last 24 months) on day 1 of employment
- Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) unless prohibited by local laws/regulations and minimum 8 years prior relevant experience or an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 6 years of experience or in absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience
- Active and transferable U.S. government issued security clearance is required prior to start date
- U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearanceMust have or be capable of obtaining and maintaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- Experience developing high-speed processing hardware, embedded systems, FPGAs, complex control software, or embedded software
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, including AWS, Azure, or Google
- Experience with reverse engineering complex software/hardware systems
- Understanding of telecommunications systems concepts and signal processing fundamentals
- Experience formalizing, developing, and writing requirements, plans, and procedures based on customer discussions, briefings, interactions, and statements of work
- Experience developing system-level designs, high-level control, and data interfaces
- Experience with bid and proposal activities related to system development
Collins Aerospace, an RTX company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
- Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day!
Employee Referral Eligible
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this to read the Policy and Terms
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
Job date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 23:39:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!