Job Vacancy Power Utility Distribution Designer Sigma Technologies, Ltd.
Job title: Power Utility Distribution Designer
Company: Sigma Technologies, Ltd.
Job description: Description:
Power Utility Distribution Designer
Please note: This position can work fully remotely, but new hires may be required to come to our home office in Perrysburg, OH for initial orientation/training and for purposeful engagement in the future.
Are you searching for a career that not only challenges you but also makes a real difference for millions of people? Sigma employees work closely with our nation’s utilities every day, doing the field, drafting, and design work needed to build, maintain, and improve the country’s telecommunications and power networks. We are looking for confident, hard-working people who like hands-on learning. If you want to work in a supportive team environment based on strong values, visit our webpage to learn more about us. If Sigma sounds like a fit and you think you are up to the challenge, apply with us!
We work hard to offer our associates comprehensive and affordable benefits to help them stay healthy, happy, and secure including:
- Consumer-directed health plans, including both low deductible and high deductible options and a Health Savings Account (HSA). Depending on the plan the company may contribute up to 80% of the plan premium
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Company-paid life insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with matching contributions up to 5% of salary
- Six Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Personal Time Off
- Education and Professional Licensing Assistance Programs
Designers perform for utility companies. Designers should have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in electrical and/or civil engineering environments and will rely on standards, instructions, and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. The Designer is expected to apply experience and knowledge to provide solutions when guidelines will not meet expected outcomes and be able to recommend new and/or improvements to documentation where needed.
- Executes work orders for fielding and/or design of infrastructure while meeting quality, time, and budget constraints
- Performs 2-D Civil and/or Electrical type design in CAD (i.e. AutoCAD, MicroStation)
- Collects data by visually identifying, inspecting, and recording equipment and structures in the field and maps data collected
- Interprets general designs, data, and notes and applies established design guidelines, processes, and procedures
- Is capable of independent work on complex tasks within a competency
- Resolves problems encountered throughout the design process
- Collaborates with others (managers, designers, field techs, drafters, administration) to devise the best infrastructure solutions
- Performs limited walkouts or kickoff/scope meetings within a given project, program, or customer to assist in specific types of route analysis, preparation of scope, and/or to assist in the preparation of bid documentation
- Performs limited walkouts with contractors to review specific types of completed construction within a given project, program, or customer for accuracy and quality
- Performs research to identify pole ownership, right of way, property rights, and permit requirements and communicates with outside parties to obtain right-of-way approvals, and easements
- Provides guidance to others for specific duties in software, processes, and procedures
- Provides quality control review
- Education or Experience: Associates’s Degree in a technical field is preferred, HS Diploma or equivalent is required. A minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience in the Electric or Telecom Utility Industry is also required. Management may consider other combinations of education and experience as needed.
- CAD, Microstation, or other related design program experience is required
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering schematics
- Knowledge of construction and planning procedures
- Strong technical knowledge and skills
- Ability to learn and operate customer based proprietary software and other computer systems to expedite and facilitate the work order process
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Basic financial skills to assist in making sound business decisions
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Willing to travel overnight during the week
- Dependable transportation and valid driver’s license and insurance
- Able to pass a background check/drug test/driving record check
- Computer literate – especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to endure frequent, lengthy periods of sedentary work and sit for prolonged periods of time, including sitting at a desk and driving in a vehicle.
- Must be able to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
- Must have the physical ability to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing notes, and viewing a computer terminal; these activities require close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must have the physical ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word and convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, often in a group setting.
- Must have the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
This job advertisement should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of a job. The individual may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this ad.
This document does not constitute an employment agreement between Sigma and the employee and is subject to change by Sigma as the needs of the organization and/or the requirements of the function change.
Pay is commensurate with experience and education. Sigma is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on an employee’s race, color, gender, sexual preference, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, or any other classification protected by law.
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job date: Tue, 06 Sep 2022 07:25:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!