Job Vacancy Plaza Mercedes Benz Automotive Diesel Technician Asbury Automotive Group
Job title: Plaza Mercedes Benz Automotive Diesel Technician
Company: Asbury Automotive Group
Job description: Overview
Plaza Mercedes-Benz is looking for diesel mechanics to join our Automotive Dealership!
At Plaza Mercedes-Benz we have a very busy shop with lots of repair work.
*We offer signing bonuses up to $15,000 based on skill level.
We offer the highest flagged rate in the St. Louis Market.
We will guarantee you 40 hours at your flagged rate each week.
We offer weekly production bonuses.
We offer paid manufacture training.
We offer medical insurance.
We offer a 401K with a company match.
We offer the ability to earn stock in the company.
We offer flexible work schedules including the number of days worked each week.
We close on all major holidays.
Our shops are air conditioned.
*Please see dealer for details on eligibility for sign on bonus
Pay and Recognition:
- Weekly pay
- Paid holidays & paid time off
- Paid training
- Stock Awards (select management and front-line team member’s eligible!)
Insurance / Retirement:
- Insurance: medical, vision, dental, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity plans
- Up to 8 weeks paid pregnancy leave (disability leave)
- Health savings
- Flex spending accounts (tax free)
- Short-term and Long-term disability plans
- Life Insurance (Whole Life and Term)
- 401k with company match
Learning, Tuition Assistance and Career Development:
- Digital career path tool to assist with career development
- Continuous training through Asbury’s Internal Learning Management System
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts on vehicle purchases, parts and service repairs
- Scholarship awards
- Opportunities to join our community service initiatives
- Aggressive Employee referral program with bonus opportunities
Responsibilities and Qualifications
A Diesel Technician will have a strong understanding and will demonstrate the ability to work on diesel and gas powered engines. This individual will be extremely familiar with repairing and rebuilding engines, transmissions, drive line and differentials.
- Examine assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended
- Make accurate use of the multi-point inspection form on each vehicle
- Document all work performed and recommended on assigned repair order
- Communicate with service advisor when additional work is needed or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time
- Maintain technician proficiency as specified by Asbury standards
- Conduct road tests to determine work needed and confirm work was successfully completed when necessary and practical
- Utilize product and technical training as assigned by the manufacturer and management
- Participate in manufacturer-sponsored training programs and schools to continuously expand your knowledge of new technology
- Maintain manufacturer CSI (Customer Satisfaction Index) at or above the Asbury specified goal(s) in service for district, regional and national scores
- Complete the work, notations and time-keeping necessary to the successful completion of warranty repair orders and the filing of warranty claims
- Report to management any situation or condition that would jeopardize the safety, welfare, or integrity of the dealership, its customers or employees
- Perform all levels of diagnosis and repair on vehicles
- Utilize hand held devices to diagnose malfunctions
- Specialize and demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of engines (gas and diesel), power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO’s (power take offs) wheel ends, electrical systems including starters and alternators, HVAC systems, steering systems, electronics to include ECM’s (electronic control modules), ECU’s (engine control unit), sensors, engine bolt on items such as turbos, fan clutches, injectors, cooling system, brake systems including ABS (anti-lock brake system), suspension systems (spring and air), complete assemblies, turbo chargers and fuel systems
- Raise vehicles using hydraulic jacks or hoists
- Must be able to read and interpret diagnostic codes, and use diagnostic software
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic diagrams
- Understand and complete required training for compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Comply with all federal, state and local laws, as well as company policy, regarding safeguarding all customer vehicles, property and information
- ASE certifications heavily preferred
- Manufacturer certifications heavily preferred
- Previous automotive diesel technician experience required
- Must have basic tools
- Must have great technical and mechanical skills
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have a strong work ethic and exhibit good communication skills
- Must be a problem solver and goal orientated
- Must be a minimum of eighteen years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening (background & drug test)
Location: Creve Coeur, MO
Job date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 06:59:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!