Job Vacancy Planning & Scheduling Logistics Manager Land O’Lakes
Job title: Planning & Scheduling Logistics Manager
Company: Land O’Lakes
Job description: Planning & Scheduling Logistics Manager
You’ll be driving the Demand Planning strategy and execution for the Dairy business unit of Land O’Lakes. This role is responsible for ensuring forecasts are managed in the software, accurate measurements are made, and accuracy is improved upon. Leading discussions and having the ability to collaborate with Marketing, Sales, and Finance, will be crucial. This role leads a team of four direct reports.
Job Description Details
- Lead demand planning processes and systems. Own and control the full demand planning process. Possess product knowledge to support the overall business objectives. Manage key metrics. Partner for all forecast-related areas to business and supply chain teams. Troubleshoot to resolve any issues.
- The team uses supply chain experience and training in forecasting, statistics, and systems to effectively incorporate knowledge from sales, marketing, customers, and supply chain to develop the best possible unconstrained forecast.
- Support of new product launches, promotions, line extensions, and product discontinuations. Demonstrate sound business decision-making, aligned with company values and ethics.
- Demand Planning – Collaborate, manage, and align demand planning processes to meet KPIs and business objectives. Effectively use, maintain, and improve the demand planning software system. Troubleshoot, research, and resolve issues. Help lead, identify, and implement continuous improvement of processes and systems. Meet or exceed performance goals and objectives.
- Sales and Operations Planning – Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Supply Planning, and others to support and improve the S&OP processes. Lead the group to arrive at the best unconstrained consensus forecast.
- Planning and Logistics Support – Manage and maintain Demand Planning system to deliver accurate long term and short terms forecasts for planning of inventory, capacity, warehousing, and transportation. Contribute to inventory strategy goals by improving Forecast Accuracy and Bias.
- Business Team Support – Collaborate with business partners to improve service and cost metrics. Track new product launches and product discontinuations and assist business teams in their decision making. Determine the effectiveness of promotions, events, and other causal factors.
- Customer Forecast Planning – Partner with key customers on product lifecycle demand. Provide insight. Quantify demand. Incorporate customer data into the forecast.
- Effective communication skills – Quantitative skills, high attention to details, and ability to analyze data
- Leadership – Ability to lead meetings and drive decisions with cross-functional teams
- Develop the team – Coaching, feedback, and performance reviews. Continue to learn and build skills in these areas on an ongoing basis.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required. Concentration in Operations or Supply Chain Management desired, APICS certification a plus
- 7+ years experience in supply chain and / or planning.
- Sound understanding of supply chain and manufacturing operations, logistics principles and activities
- Strong leadership and (verbal and written) communication skills
- Proven success in working collaboratively and cross-functionally
- Creative problem solving ability and timely decision making
- Strong analytical skills & ability to convert data into insights and influence and inspire business leaders and peers
- Previous experience with Supply planning systems and good knowledge of best practices
- Strong ability to adapt message to audience
- Strong engagement and motivational skills
- Positive representative of Land O’Lakes to customers
About Land O’Lakes, Inc.
Join us and be part of a Fortune 250, farmer- and member-owned cooperative that is reimagining the business of food. We have been named a Top Workplace by Indeed and LinkedIn, and to the TIME 100 Most Influential Companies list.
We provide a broad portfolio of benefits to keep you and your family at your best. Land O’Lakes is Where Your Future Takes Root.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Location: Arden Hills, MN
Job date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 22:42:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!