Job Vacancy Planner, Transportation 1 Daikin
Job title: Planner, Transportation 1
Job description: Transporation Planner
Daikin Comfort Technologies Manufacturing, L.P. is seeking a skilled individual for our Transporation Planner position at our DTTP – Waller, TX location. The Transporation Planner If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at and submit your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin’s American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman, Amana, and Daikin brands.
Why work with us?
Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
Growth Opportunities – there are immense opportunities to grow your career
You will be part of a Global Company – our family brands are backed by
- Coordinate/communicate changes to the daily transportation activities as needed to Manager.
- Maintain performance metrics weekly for assigned factories.
- Maintains/Monitors the IB schedule for assigned factories.
- Maintains/Monitors carrier rates within Trax for up to date rates.
- When required, arrange International shipments that require crating of product and provide completed International form from information gathered from buyer to International team to schedule with Broker.
- Books other loads coming from Mexico and other countries, as needed.
- Upon requests, book trucks to move equipment from factory to factory or factory to vendor. Referred as Non-Production moves and booked to appropriate GL code provided by requester.
- Work with Logistics Department to provide support for daily operations team.
- Work with branches/dealers to move finished goods from facility to facility per the direction of Order Services team.
- Update the WMS (warehouse management system) and TMS (transportation management system) with Carrier detail and cross trained in YMS (yard management system) job function as well per freight routing matrix
Nature & Scope:
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure and be well organized to handle work documentation.
- Must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with clients, employees, and industry professionals.
- Must be flexible in work schedule.
- This position requires a professional demeanor and an orientation toward excellent client services
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments with regularly shifting priorities
- Well-organized and a stickler for details and process
- Exceptional communication skills: diplomatic, professional, resourceful, helpful, patient, and friendly
- Ability to work with little assistance of a lead, manager or director.
- Advanced transportation skills.
- Excellent geography skills.
- PKMS-MINCRON or MAPICS experience preferred.
2+ years in a Logistics/Transportation related environment.
High School diploma or GED equivalent, Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management preferred
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.
Location: Waller, TX
Job date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 08:23:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!