Job Vacancy PLANNER / SENIOR PLANNER / PRINCIPAL PLANNER Dorchester County
Job title: PLANNER / SENIOR PLANNER / PRINCIPAL PLANNER
Company: Dorchester County
Job description: Description
The purpose of the class is to perform professional and technical work in short-range and long-range planning programs related to the development and implementation of land use plans and policies, capital improvements, infrastructure development, and other County projects and programs; and to perform related work as assigned. The class works within broad policy and organizational guidelines, does independent planning and implementation, and reports progress of major activities through periodic conferences and meetings. This class establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other County employees, municipalities, state and federal officials, representatives of historic and neighborhood organizations, business and community organizations and the public. The principal duties of this class are performed in a general office environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists the Director of Planning & Zoning in the development and implementation of growth management, land use, infrastructure, and other plans and codes to meet the County’s needs.
- Provides technical direction, training, advice, and assistance of department staff in areas of responsibility.
- Evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of the division’s policies, procedures and service delivery methods; identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Advises the Planning Director, Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals, County Council, County officials and other entities on planning and development issues and projects; prepares and presents project information and staff recommendations to such groups as required.
- Confers with and advises engineers, developers, architects, surveyors, property owners and citizens in the coordination of planning and zoning issues, and in the interpretation and enforcement of County ordinances.
- Researches, gathers, interprets and prepares data for planning and zoning studies, prepares a variety of studies, briefs and reports for decision-making and presentation purposes.
- Reviews existing regulations and plans; makes recommendations for modification to the Planning Commission as appropriate.
- Evaluates land use proposals, development designs, subdivision plans, etc., for compliance with County, state and federal laws, regulations, codes and ordinances; evaluates the impact of development proposals; evaluates environmental impact information; and recommends mitigation measures to reduce adverse impact of development.
- Processes land use applications; coordinates process with applicants, technical consultants and other agencies; performs site evaluations for proposed land usage; interprets regulations; and informs applicants of required actions.
- Conducts field inspections for developments, requested variances, rezoning, unusual applications and site-specific requirements.
- Coordinates sign review and approval.
- Reviews and approves business license applications.
- Participates in long-range planning projects as assigned.
- Receives and responds to inquiries, requests for assistance, and concerns pertaining to County planning projects, regulations and ordinances.
- Participates in department marketing and public relations efforts; makes public presentations to inform the public about planning projects and programs.
- Researches, analyzes and prepares information for the development of grants and related projects as directed.
- Maintains records pertinent to planning and development programs and projects.
- Assists in coordinating department activities and functions with those of other County departments, municipalities and outside agencies as appropriate.
- Represents the Director at meetings and other functions as required in his/her absence.
- Performs routine administrative/clerical work as required, including entering and retrieving computer data, copying and filing documents, assembling materials, typing reports and correspondence, ordering office supplies, etc.
- Attends training, seminars, conferences, meetings, etc., to enhance job knowledge and skills; keeps abreast of federal, state and local case law and new trends and innovations in planning and zoning administration.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
All County employees are considered public servants for the citizens of Dorchester County. When requested before, during, or after an emergency event, County employees are expected to work and serve the public in coping with the emergency.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in planning or related field. Master’s degree in planning or related field preferred. Requires at least one (1) year of related work experience in land use planning, engineering or real estate; or any equivalent combination of experience and education.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in planning or related field. Master’s degree in planning or related field preferred. Requires at least three (3) years of related work experience.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in planning or related field. Master’s degree in planning or related field preferred. Requires at least five (5) years of related work experience.
Must be a member of American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP)
SALARY RANGES FOR POSITIONS;
Planner $48,669.43 – $62,053.77
Senior Planner $53,536.37 – $69,597.11
Principal Planner $58,890.01 – $76,557.18
Expected salary: $48669.43 – 76557.18 per year
Location: Saint George, SC
Job date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 02:43:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!