Job Vacancy Phlebotomist HonorHealth
Job title: Phlebotomist
Job description: Job Description:
- $1,500 Sign on Bonus
- Full-Time: 7:00am-4:00pm
- Location- 19636 N 27TH AVE
Looking to be part of something more meaningful? At HonorHealth, you’ll be part of a team, creating a multi-dimensional care experience for our patients. You’ll have opportunities to make a difference. From our Ambassador Movement to our robust training and development programs, you can select where and how you want to make an impact.
HonorHealth offers a diverse benefits portfolio for our full-time and part-time team members designed to help you and your family live your best lives. Visit honorhealth.com/benefits to learn more.
Join us. Let’s go beyond expectations and transform healthcare together.
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local community healthcare system serving an area of 1.6 million people in the greater Phoenix area. The network encompasses six acute-care hospitals, an extensive medical group, outpatient surgery centers, a cancer care network, clinical research, medical education, a foundation, and community services with approximately 13,100 team members, 3,500 affiliated providers and nearly 700 volunteers. HonorHealth was formed by a merger between Scottsdale Healthcare and John C. Lincoln Health Network. HonorHealth’s mission is to improve the health and well-being of those we serve.
Performs a variety of tasks requiring skills in phlebotomy, and general office to include customer service, clerical and computer/data entry.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and obtains blood draw requests. Includes TRAUMAS, STATS, ASAP, TIMED, morning draws, and routine requests as received
- Operates the hospital tube system to receive incoming specimens, distributes to appropriate area, send labels for collection, and sends reports and other requested items, according to hospital policy
- Receives outpatient laboratory specimens and requisitions according to department policies, assuring correct specimen type, and verifying complete patient identification information.
- Operates the Hospital Information System, to order, cancel, add lab test requests, and retrieve patient information and specimen collection summaries, registers patients, fax and print chart reports. Removes bar code labels and distributes and organizes them for daily procurement.
- Greets all visitors, patients, customers, and staff at the reception window or designated area.
- Operates telecommunication equipment including telephones, pagers and faxes. Responds to queries, takes detailed messages, forwards test results, and directs calls to appropriate areas. Maintains equipment and supplies, blood collection tray, work areas and outpatient drawing stations.
- Handles incoming and outgoing mail for physician, patient, and department distribution. Oversees the training of new employees and assists the supervisor in the coordination of the daily work assignments. Interfaces with nursing in the absence of the Team Leader and Supervisor to resolve most complaints in phlebotomy, specimen receiving and processing and customer service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED Required
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Job date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 06:00:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!