Job Vacancy Part-time Logistics Coordinator Capstone Logistics
Job title: Part-time Logistics Coordinator
Company: Capstone Logistics
Job description: Job Description Shift:
Friday and Saturday 5P-9:30P
This position is designed to communicate effectively with both vendors and customers to ensure that deliveries are consistently made on time as we work to meet the needs of our customers. Will report directly to the Terminal Manager.
- Schedule and dispatch vendors or independent contractors to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications, or needs, using radios, telephones and dispatch software. Communicates all pertinent data (customer’s locations, type of pickup, scanning requirements, temperature requirements, ect.) to vendors at the time of dispatch.
- Receive, input, and distribute On Demand work orders, proof of deliveries (PODs), and manifests, and prepare reports as required by management.
- Serve as a contact person for all Vendor/ICs within route territories and inform them about traffic problems such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, and other hazards.
- Manage contact with vendors and independent contractors to ensure all routes are covered as needed.
- Determine response needed to effectively and appropriately deal with emergencies, accidents, and breakdowns.
- Communicate Chain of Custody standards (location scanning, specimens handling, parcel scanning, HIPPA and TSA Compliance, ect.) as required by Priority Express customers.
- Resolve Vendor/IC problems or grievances and refer to vendor management if further assistance is needed.
- Evaluate importance of incoming telephone calls and prioritize accordingly.
- Provide support to the customer service team on an as needed basis or during peak work periods.
- Ensure that the policies and procedures as defined in the Priority Express Employee Handbook are consistently followed.
- Makes decisions and takes the necessary actions to determine the most appropriate delivery methods to meet or exceed the customer’s service expectations.
- Maintain accurate documentation, on the status of each job within the dispatch POD, manages distribution of work, and ensures documentation is complete before jobs are cleared.
- Other duties/tasks as assign.
- Provide excellent customer service by ensuring timely and efficient courier service for customers according to route schedules and On Demand requests.
- Confer with customers or supervising personnel in order to address questions, problems, complaints, and requests for service.
- Keep customers notified of changes with route schedules and or on demand delays.
- Excellent verbal communication and problem solving skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Internet.
- Interpersonal skills; ability to foster teamwork and motivate/coach others.
- Knowledge of local and regional geographical area
- Accurately and quickly read maps
- Make optimum decisions under pressure and time constraints
Capstone Logistics, LLC is part of The Transportation and Logistics industry which has been designated a “Critical Infrastructure Segment”. As a “critical infrastructure industry” worker in the Transportation and Logistics industry, associates are considered exempt from local restrictions such as curfews, shelter-in-place orders, and other mobility restrictions when reporting to, returning from, or performing his or her work functions.
Expected salary: $20 per hour
Location: Boothwyn, PA
Job date: Thu, 03 Aug 2023 22:10:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!