Job Vacancy Packaging Engineer/Logistics Project Manager Liebherr
Job title: Packaging Engineer/Logistics Project Manager
Job description: The Packaging Engineer/Logistics Project Manager has a responsibility to design, develop, and establish packaging solutions and standards. This position will also be responsible to manage projects pertaining to improving warehouse infrastructure, material flow and warehouse system upgrades.
- Captures warehouse and manufacturing demands using both internal and external sources for packaging material and services for delivery.
- Coordinates and collaborates with Liebherr affiliates, suppliers and other companies globally to develop packaging standards.
- Creates value for users by proactively managing, developing, improving, and monitoring packaging requirements for affiliates and customers.
- Determines best packaging methods (tote, rack, crate, etc.) for in-bound material flow consisting of 12,000+ active parts.
- Determines packaging fleet sizes and appropriate dunnage for safe and efficient transport and handling of material.
- Develops returnable packaging needs within supply chain to prevent packaging shortages and overages.
- Monitors incident system for packaging issues to suggest changes in packaging to reduce damages.
- Ensures that all packaging procedures and processes are followed in all areas of responsibility in accordance with established ISO guidelines, including documentation and updates.
- Collects knowledge on state-of-the art opportunities in packaging logistics and actively initiates and leads continuous improvement initiatives.
- Generates savings initiatives, customization, and continuous improvement planning.
- Supports other functions within the facility, including cross-functional team representation and materials group support when needed.
- Develops and reviews project charters, proposals and plans based on project goal from senior management to determine time frame, project budget, and procedures for accomplishing project,
- staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects.
- Establishes work plans and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with project team members to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Responsible for procuring and analyzing quotes from external suppliers.
- Analyzes, recommends and implements changes to existing department processes, develops new processes, suggest improvements to increase department efficiency.
- Designs and develops area specific KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) within the warehouse & logistics group.
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve shipping methods, equipment performance, packaging and quality of product.
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering, Logistic Management, or Industrial Engineering (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent with 6 years packaging experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. APICS CPIM certification is a plus.
- Working knowledge of packaging materials and processes.
- Working knowledge of costing for all modes of transportation; less than truckload (LTL), truckload, air, small package, domestic and international.
- Proficient in reading engineering drawings & plant layouts.
- Knowledge of Baan or equivalent ERP system including planning engines.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management System (WMS) including system integration and barcoding.
- Project Management: Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Internet software; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Focus: Understanding and meeting the needs of customers and addressing the interests and concerns of all stakeholders.
- Creativity/Innovation: Reframing traditional patterns of thinking and applying new and evolving ideas, methods, designs and technologies.
- Professionalism: Dealing directly and forthrightly with people and problems, persisting to get the job done, and managing personal responses and stress.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport
- Ability to proficiently communicate orally and in writing in English and one of the following: German\or French is a plus, but not a requirement.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Nicole Alden at: [email protected].
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr – One Passion. Many Opportunities.
In line with its international growth, Liebherr’s venture into the United States began in 1970. Within a couple of years, the company expanded and completed its production facilities in Newport News, VA for its product line of hydraulic excavators. It was later converted into Liebherr’s manufacturing facility for mining trucks and remains home to Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News, Co. In addition to its production facility, Liebherr markets a wide variety of products and technologies through its companies located across the United States. The companies are Liebherr-Aerospace Saline, Inc., Liebherr Gear Technology, Inc., Liebherr Automation Systems, Co., and Liebherr USA, Co., the umbrella company for eight divisions that are positioned across the United States.
Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
4100 Chestnut Avenue
23607 Newport News, VA
United States (US)