Job Vacancy Packaging Engineer – Logistics Arquus
Job title: Packaging Engineer – Logistics
Job description: Organization
packaging engineer – Logistics
This is us, your new colleagues…
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Volvo Bus and Volvo Penta. We work cross-functionally and globally to exceed our customer’s expectations and reach the world class manufacturing level. We have exciting work in front of us, and more on the horizon! The automotive world is changing rapidly and to be part of this big change is an exciting movement.
Innovations within transport will reshape the cities of tomorrow. Automated driving, electromobility, and connected vehicles will allow quieter, cleaner, and safer mega-cities to grow and prosper. For us in the Volvo Group, technology means having the aspiration to move forward, constantly working together to continuously improve, fostering an environment for creative/innovative thinking and evolutionary; revolutionary problem solving – all to reach our vision!
Want to learn more?
At Mack Trucks, Inc., innovation sparks success! For decades, our name has been synonymous with quality vehicular performance and today, our legendary trucks and premier services continue to garner respect from all corners of the globe. As a leading heavy-duty truck and component manufacturer, customers turn to us not only for our progressive products, but for our reliability. If you share in our commitment to excellence, we invite you to apply for our Packaging Engineer position and join our dynamic team of professionals.
We strive for balance and believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates a competitive advantage. Our people make the difference!
About the Position
As a Packaging Engineer you will support production and logistics areas by providing the best packaging solutions for the automotive parts. You will be responsible for designing, prototyping, testing, procuring and implementing packaging for our current and future products, securing safety, ergonomics and quality standards. Doing this you will be working with cross-functional teams including production, purchasing, material handling and of course, suppliers. You also will be continuously improving the packaging solutions, eliminating transportation, quality and environmental wastes.
You will be part of the team of about 20 Industrial and Packaging Engineers designing the future of the factory by participating in exciting projects we are running. In this journey you will report to the Business Team Leader – Logistics Engineering.
Main activities and responsibilities for these roles:
- Support the design and implementation of returnable packaging solutions for truck parts and components
- Support new product introductions by ensuring parts have a packaging solution prior to release of the new product feature
- Maintain project timelines, main interface with packaging suppliers, component suppliers purchasing and factory needs
- Lead and facilitate cross functional teams when needed dealing with packaging
- Support operations teams with packaging related inquires
Minimum Education, Experience, and Skillset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Packaging or equivalent required
- 2-4 years experience of automotive industry packaging and/or tooling experience preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced understanding basic computer programs (Excel, Power Point, Word, Access)
- Basic understanding of transportation protection
- Project management background is a plus
- Strong communication, planning, organization and visualization/presentation skills
- Lean manufacturing concepts and principles
- Ability to work flexible hours (including varying shifts, possible weekends and overtime)
Travel Required (maximum)
Founded in 1900, Mack Trucks is an iconic brand that embodies the American spirit: pioneering, hard-working, authentic and ambitious. Mack trucks are recognized around the world as “The American Truck You Can Count On,” thanks to our durable, reliable and application-driven vehicles that get the job done. With Mack Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus and Volvo Penta.
Last application date
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Macungie, PA
Job date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 00:59:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!