Job Vacancy Overhead Distribution Apprentice Lineperson – ULCS Utility Lines Construction Services
Job title: Overhead Distribution Apprentice Lineperson – ULCS
Company: Utility Lines Construction Services
Job description: Job Title: Overhead Distribution Apprentice Lineperson
The Overhead Distribution Apprentice Lineperson will assist with construction and maintenance of overhead distribution lines and equipment.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- FR Clothing Provided
- Employee Payroll Deduction Program
Make a difference. Join us.
In states from DE to TX, ULCS needs people with a variety of skills and capabilities to help us build smarter more resilient energy grids and futures for our customers and communities. It s important work that communities increasingly depend on for their quality of life and we are making a difference for the customers and communities and growing as more customers discover the ULCS difference. It s rewarding work and a career that can support you on your life s journey. If you d like to make a difference too, then own your career.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Clears work area and maintains safe jobsite conditions.
- Assists with assembling material and work from the ground to be installed by lineperson and assists with the installation.
- Climb wooden poles to help perform duties
- Excavates to assist in the installation of structures or cable as required by contract specification.
- Will have contact with public and private property owners to communicate work to be performed.
- Participates in company training of all regional safety guidelines and is required to perform all work by the regional safety policies.
- Operates various tools for the work (manual digging devices, wrenches, hammers, drills, come-alongs, jack hammer, power tamp, and handline etc.).
- Works around hazardous and near energized parts or equipment.
- Works around excessive noise from machines, jackhammers, chain saws and other equipment with proper hearing protection.
- All other duties as required or requested by Supervisors.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Able to:
- work with hands above head for extended periods of time.
- meet and maintain weight restrictions for bucket truck as identified by truck manufacturer.
- safely enter and exit the aerial device and rear-end of the bucket and derrick trucks
- effectively cover up to safely complete work on energized lines, and equipment
- work efficiently and effectively from heights.
- follow directions, work safely & productively
- work long hours and overtime during holidays, emergencies, weekends, etc. Subject to call out work.
Education & Experience
- 1+ year(s) of trade experience or formal training
- Upon offer, employees may be required to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, background, and/or MVR check.
License & Certifications:
- DOT medical card required within 90 days of employment.
- Valid commercial driver’s license preferred within 90 days of employment.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Must have transportation to and from the show up location.
- Must be willing to travel out of state for emergency storm work.
- RARE (up to 10%): sitting, crawling
- OCCASIONAL (up to 33%): stooping, kneeling, squatting, body twisting, sense of touch, climbing, reading, pushing, balancing.
- FREQUENT (up to 66 %): walking, manual dexterity, seeing distant, climbing on/off truck, gripping, lifting over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs., reaching, range of motion, depth perception, lifting, carrying, pulling, climbing ladders, climbing stairs, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- CONTINUOUS (up to 100%): standing, speaking clearly, seeing, hearing-speech range, color vision, lifting up to 10 lbs.
Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must have sufficient eyesight to judge distance/coordination of equipment and tools, be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods, be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, be able to wear personal protective equipment as necessary, be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day, have the endurance necessary to traverse various terrain, be capable of performing job duties throughout a standard 8- or 10-hour day, be able to communicate with others, read, write, and comprehend written/verbal job instructions and information, and communicate and handle conflict professionally.
Utility Lines Construction Services (ULCS) delivers electric and gas utility construction and maintenance services for investor-owned utilities, cooperatives, municipalities, large industrial manufacturers, government, general contractors, developers and EPC firms. Formed in 2000 from small beginnings, ULCS now boasts more than 2,300 non-union employees in 15 states safely performing utility transmission and distribution infrastructure work throughout the Mid-Atlantic, the Delmarva Peninsula, the Southeast and the South regions of the United States.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Upper Marlboro, MD
Job date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 22:58:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!