Job Vacancy Overhead Distribution A Lineperson – ULCS Utility Lines Construction Services
Job title: Overhead Distribution A Lineperson – ULCS
Company: Utility Lines Construction Services
Job description: A line worker installs and fixes overhead distribution and transmission systems, which includes poles, cables, and electrical systems. Line Workers also fit, repair, and maintain underground cables and electrical equipment.
Pay: Competitive/Hourly (more detail during your interview process)
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- FR Clothing Provided
- Employee Payroll Deduction Program
Make a difference. Join us.
In states from DE to TX, ULCS needs people with a variety of skills and capabilities to help us build smarter more resilient energy grids and futures for our customers and communities. It’s important work that communities increasingly depend on for their quality of life and we are making a difference for the customers and communities and growing as more customers discover the ULCS difference. It’s rewarding work and a career that can support you on your life’s journey. If you’d like to make a difference too, then own your career.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Setting of poles and anchors. Stringing overhead wire.
- Installing transformers, lightening arrestors, cutouts, crossarms, insulators, switches, and switchgear.
- Performing new construction, maintenance, or repair work of energized and de-energized overhead line work while complying with all Safety and Health rules
- Troubleshooting issues with primary and secondary systems.
- Replacing cutout fuses and clearing faulted circuits and systems
- Ensure daily testing and inspection of assigned tools and equipment to maintain equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Reports all injuries, near misses and other safety and health concerns to Foreperson
- Any other duties related to the installation of overhead power supply.
- All other duties as required or requested by Supervisors.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment.
- Ability to problem solve with unidentified circumstances on any job.
- Knowledge of working with energized high voltage systems requiring specific skill set.
- Able to climb different structures and possess the tools to do the climb.
- Must be able to identify, operate and service all required tools and equipment. (i.e., bucket truck, digger derrick truck, tensioners, puller, rollers, hand tamp, chain saw, concrete saw, shovel)
Education & Experience
- Ability to provide proof of work experience, schooling, and other certifications obtained during career.
- Upon offer, employees may be required to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, background, and/or MVR check.
License & Certifications:
- Driver License Required, willingness to obtain a valid CDL within 90 days of employment preferred.
- Willing to travel out of state for emergency storm work.
- OCCASIONAL (up to 33%): Sitting, Kneeling, and Crawling
- FREQUENT (up to 66 %): Stooping, Squatting, Body Twisting, Manual Dexterity, Reading, Climbing Ladders, Climbing On/Off Truck, Climbing Poles, Gripping, and Climbing Stairs
- CONTINUOUS (up to 100%): Standing, Walking, Sense of Touch, Speaking Clearly, Seeing Distant, Seeing, Reaching, Range of Motion, Hearing-Speech Range, Depth Perception, Color Vision, Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting Over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs., Balancing, Lifting Up to 10 lbs., and Lifting Up to 50 lbs.
Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must have sufficient eyesight to judge distance/coordination of equipment and tools, be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods, be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, be able to wear personal protective equipment as necessary, be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day, have the endurance necessary to traverse various terrain, be capable of performing job duties throughout a standard 8- or 10-hour day, be able to communicate with others, read, write, and comprehend written/verbal job instructions and information, and communicate and handle conflict professionally.
Utility Lines Construction Services (ULCS) delivers electric and gas utility construction and maintenance services for investor-owned utilities, cooperatives, municipalities, large industrial manufacturers, government, general contractors, developers and EPC firms. Formed in 2000 from small beginnings, ULCS now boasts more than 2,300 non-union employees in 15 states safely performing utility transmission and distribution infrastructure work throughout the Mid-Atlantic, the Delmarva Peninsula, the Southeast and the South regions of the United States.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: – – –
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: – –
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link:
Location: Matthews, NC
Job date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 22:36:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!