Job Vacancy Outside Plant Technician Windstream
Job title: Outside Plant Technician
Job description: **Please note that this position follows an initial Union job bidding process.***
About the Role:
As an Outside Plant Technician, you will primarily assist in the planning of outside plant jobs involving the installation, removal or rearrangement of outside plant facilities. You will review plans and specifications provided by engineering to create construction drawings and measurements that specify the location of OSP facilities. As an OSP Technician you will also maintain reports, records and complete inspections.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate on the planning, analysis, design and engineering of outside plant network structures and facilities, that have both fiber and copper, while ensuring the cost-effective utilization of materials and labor.
- Organize complex activities for the development, construction, implementation, and maintenance of Outside plant engineering projects.
- Utilize sound engineering practices and company objectives to identify and resolve complex problems in a creative and effective way.
- Skillfully communicate to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships and see projects through to completion.
- Conduct 70% of work in the field and 30% in the office on administrative tasks, on average; varies per market.
- Must be available to work in any assigned location and to attend schools for training, which may require overnight travel.
- Perform other work as assigned or as business needs demand.
Do You Have?
· Experience with CAD/E, MicroStation, AutoCAD or other similar design programs
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, and Outlook
· Previous telecommunication engineering experience or courses in engineering
· Experience working with city, county and/or state agencies
· Ability to analyze problems and priorities and make decisions
· Knowledge of Right of Ways and Easements for utility access is desired along with experience in permitting for DOT and other Municipalities and entities
· Experience in fielding (Collecting data of utilities, buildings, anything that can affect construction and engineering)
· A college degree in Engineering or similar discipline and/or 2+ years technical experience
Windstream Holdings, Inc. is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Identity Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
Windstream DEI&B Statement:
Connecting people in a world of infinite possibilities. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and the inclusive, equitable culture we are building fosters belonging and empowers each one of us to create amazing customer experiences.
Our Employee Resource Groups:
WinVets – Veteran Employee Resource Group
WOW – Women Employee Resource Group
WINPRIDE – LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Group
WBPN – Black Professional Resource Group
WARG – Ability Resource Group
LaFamilia –Hispanic Resource Group
Qualifications This is a safety sensitive position.
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Job date: Sat, 05 Aug 2023 07:05:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!