Job Vacancy OSP Engineering Technician I GPAC
Job title: OSP Engineering Technician I
Job description: OSP Engineering Technician
Provides design assistance and construction supervision of telecommunications outside plant construction projects. This role may be based in Fargo, ND, Bismarck, ND, or Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN and will travel to various worksites throughout Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, and North Dakota.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares construction drawings, including electronically drawn staking sheets (Visio) and maps (AutoCAD).
- Prepares construction units and progress reports for both CNE and the client.
- Easement acquisition
- Performs on-site inspection and supervision of the outside plant construction to ensure compliance with the specifications.
- Pole loading and make ready analysis.
- GPS Mapping
- Records as-built records for the project.
- Updates the construction drawings with as-built data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Telecommunications, Drafting, or Construction Management preferred (High School/GED DOE)
- Experience/knowledge of utility construction preferred.
- Experience with pole loading analysis software such as O-Calc is preferred but not required.
- Proficient computer skills (Office, Visio, and AutoCAD preferred)
- Good written and verbal communication
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Works outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Overtime is mandatory during the construction season.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other opportunities in the Information Technology or Telecommunication industries, please contact Brittany Peregoff at (605) 401-6154 or [email protected].
Location: Fargo, ND
Job date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 22:11:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!