Job Vacancy OSP Engineer II SQUAN
Job title: OSP Engineer II
Job description: Overview:
Location: Athens, TX
Pay Rate: Up to $32 per hour
Duration: Permanent, Full-Time
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
SQUAN is searching for an experienced OSP Engineer with expertise in BAU work. OSP Engineers play a crucial role in designing, planning, implementing, and maintaining the telecommunication networks.
The OSP Engineer collaborates with cross-functional teams and stakeholders and will travel into the field as needed based on project and client needs. For any travel, you will be required to use your own vehicle but will be provided with mileage reimbursement. Some overnight stays will be required and expenses for any overnight stays will be covered.
This is a remote position, but you will be required to travel into the field to perform field work as needed based on the needs of the project, so you will need to be located within a 2-hour radius of the Athens, TX area.
- Perform local site visits to perform BAU (Metro-E, road moves, etc.) functions
- Utilize AutoCAD and/or other client-proprietary mapping software to create and edit telecom plant designs, schematics, permit drawings, and any other CAD drawings/records as required per client projects
- Apply best practices to assign fiber counts
- Ability to read and extract ROW maps
- Familiarity with permitting requirements for state and local agencies
- Proven experience working as an OSP Engineer
- Proven experience collaborating with state and/or county permitting agencies
- Proven experience working on different road move projects
- Experience working with Copper
- BAU experience (i.e., service orders)
- Experience working on Lumen and/or Brightspeed projects
- Proficiency in using OSP design software and tools such as AutoCAD
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office tools
- Proven fielding experience and comfortable working in the field as needed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal teams and clients
- Problem-solving mind set with the ability to identify issues, develop solutions, and make informed decisions
- Must have reliable transportation and a clean driving record
- Highly competitive base pay and bonus eligibility
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits programs
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Time, and Sick Time
- 401K with company match
SQUAN is a leading telecommunications company dedicated to providing reliable and innovative solutions to our clients. We specialize in designing, implementing, and managing Outside Plant (OSP) projects that drive connectivity and communication across diverse landscapes.
If you are a motivated OSP engineer professional with a passion for driving connectivity and innovation, we encourage you to apply with your resume detailing your relevant experience and accomplishments.
Expected salary: $32 per hour
Location: Richardson, TX
Job date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 08:22:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!