Job Vacancy Next Gen Services Technician Hawaiian Telcom
Job title: Next Gen Services Technician
Company: Hawaiian Telcom
Job description: Job Description
Installs and Repairs fiber, and copper services to residential and business customers. Installs Fiber and High speed internet Equipment. Locates trouble, repairs or replaces lines. Instructs customers in use of equipment. Performs other related, marginal duties as required.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Installs Fiber and copper services to customers’ homes or business firms; discusses service needs with customers and makes recommendations as appropriate; instructs customer on the use of HTTV, HSI, and Telephone equipment
- Installs, rearranges, and removes various, types/categories of structured wires and cables including, but not limited to CAT3, CAT5e, CAT6, COAX, and Fiber Optic; installs optical network terminals, residential gateways, ethernet switches, wireless and non wireless set top boxes, and training Television services to customers
- Assists Customers with Wifi network configuration, customization, and assessment
- Uses a variety of test equipment and power tools to verify proper wiring, cabling bonding, and ground installations, as well as correct light readings, hsi speed and wireless coverage
- Labels, pulls and dresses various types/categories of structured wires and cables including but not limited to CAT3, CAT5e, CAT6, COAX, and Fiber Optic
- Installs lines for data and other forms of communications, using fiber /copper e.g. 2 wire/4 wire, TTY, data circuits, alarm circuits; performs work station outlets including but not limited to jacks, blocks, panels, connectors etc., to include mechanical and fusion splicing
- Terminates various types/categories of structured wires and cables including but not limited to CAT3, CAT5e, CAT6, COAX, Fiber Optic, etc.
- Records work assignment data on records and orders using cellular phone, handheld tablet, computer desktop or laptop
- Makes recommendations to customers on additional Services, HSI, TV, VOICE; performs onsite prefields
- Interfaces with customer contacts and end users and works with other vendors when required provides customer with status updates and informs customer of any changes, issues or concerns
- Performs multi-dwelling unit upgrades and/or change over in services; reports any project scope changes, issues or concerns to management leadership
- Operates company vehicle to travel to daily work sites
- Performs additional duties and task as required by the company
- Abides by company safety practices and policies
- Tests – Results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum
requirements established by the testing program * Physical Demands:
- Ability to identify and distinguish tones/levels
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Ability to work in confined areas
- Ability to lift and carry tool boxes, drop wire, parts containers and installation
loads * Ability to climb poles/ladders
- Ability to lift, carry, set-up, climb and take down ladders
- Mental Demands:
- Requires alertness and attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to obtain various security clearances
- Positive attitude and work ethic under all types of conditions
- Working Conditions:
- Indoor-outdoor work; exposed to adverse weather conditions, confined work areas. dust, noise, dirt, irate customers, etc.
- Weekday, weekend and holiday work tours including day, evening and night hours
- Scheduled work tours may be weekday, weekend and holiday, including day, evening and night hours
- Subject to scheduled and/or unscheduled overtime work
- Occasional callouts on nights, holidays and weekends
- Subject to occasional Neighbor Island Travel when necessary
We were made aware of an employment scam in which a third-party is creating false communications under the Hawaiian Telcom name. We want to reiterate that Hawaiian Telcom never seeks payment from job applicants and only reaches out from @hawaiiantel.com email addresses. We are encouraging applicants to apply through our website at for added security.
Aloha! Welcome to Hawaiian Telcom’s listing of current job openings. Hawaiian Telcom, the premier telecommunications company headquartered in Honolulu, offers Hawaii’s consumers and businesses a spectrum of telecommunication solutions, taking full advantage of proven and emerging technologies. We are focused on building and maintaining a diverse team of employees who are committed to delivering an outstanding customer experience.
We call the communities we serve home and giving back to these communities is an important part of our culture.
Hawaiian Telcom offers an amazing Mālama Hours Program, Employee Resource Groups, and organized corporate community service events that further strengthen our community relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran, military status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Due to U.S. Government requirements applicable to foreign-owned telecommunications providers, non-US citizens will be required to submit to an extensive government agency background check which will necessitate disclosure of sensitive Personally Identifiable Information.
Oahu; 2054 Young St-HI002
Location: Honolulu, HI
Job date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 23:29:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!