Job Vacancy Network Support/IT Technician GPAC
Job title: Network Support/IT Technician
Job description: Network Support/IT Technician
About the Company:
The company is an extensive, well-established, and experienced in communications, information technology, security, and the access control fields. The company designs, builds, and maintains high availability telecommunications infrastructure for business and government clients. Our engineers have proven experience in the converged communication industry. Our integration team is trained and experienced in multiple voice, video, and data disciplines. Quality, on-time, and in-budget is our mantra. Our dedication to signature work is what allows us to succeed.
Expertise includes: 4G LTE (Nokia-Siemans, Ericsson, Alcatel-Lucent) Microwave Backhaul (Dragonwave, Alcatel, SAF Tehnika, Motorola, Ubiquiti, Exalt, Etc) TVWS (KTS, Carlson) WiFi & Radio Access Networks in general Fiber Optic Service Delivery & Equipment DC Power Systems (Eltek, Ericsson, Emerson) Voice Transport & IP PBX IP Surveillance systems for businesses and municipalities.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinates and provides technical support to the company’s personnel, over the telephone and in person, using computers; analyzes and solves standard software, hardware, and network problems.
- Receives, reviews and/or logs requests from end users regarding computer hardware, software and/or peripheral equipment problems; writes and tracks trouble tickets/work orders.
- Provides first-level and second-level assistance to customers; verifies the location of the problem; elicits information from end user on the nature of the issue; resolves issue or refers to higher level staff member when necessary.
- Reviews and tracks service requests and trouble reports related to hardware and software problems and coordinates with end users and/or managers to ensure that customer needs are met. Maintains records of work completed and resolutions.
- Monitors the network consoles; prioritizes, schedules, and dispatches field calls; monitors network security in close coordination with Information Technology staff.
- Performs workstation troubleshooting; performs configurations of new desktop images; installs, upgrades, and maintains computer workstation hardware, peripherals, and associated software; manages and executes installation upgrades and system patches.
- Creates user IDs, modifies user profiles, re-sets passwords and performs regular file maintenance; sets up basic user access permissions consistent with the company’s policies and procedures; documents all changes and revisions.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with co-workers, other employees, vendors, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Provides one-on-one training pertaining to the use of standard applications, equipment, and/or systems, including audio/video equipment, telecommunication equipment and systems; personal computers, lap top computers, and general office software.
- Performs basic installation, operation and maintenance of computers and peripheral equipment; monitors routine system parameters such as response time and general performance; tests and sets up basic hardware and software configurations; performs basic maintenance and repair on system components.
- Schedules and runs jobs and reports; performs routine system backups, upgrades and/or other hardware/software support activities; connects computers to printers, scanners, PDA’s, and other peripheral equipment; loads software.
- Plans, implements and monitors hardware and software upgrades, patches, security and backup/recovery processes; obtains new and upgraded system hardware and software from vendors; utilizes appropriate tools to install and test upgrades and patches
Location: Albany, GA
Job date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 22:13:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!