Job Vacancy Network Planning Engineer I Cox Communications
Job title: Network Planning Engineer I
Company: Cox Communications
Job description: Cox Communications is seeking a Network Planning Engineer I who will assume the duty of measuring, analyzing, modeling and forecasting network traffic for Cox network. This entails pinpointing requirements for infrastructure capacity, assessing financial implications, and evaluating related performance aspects. The role encompasses maintaining the quality of both data and processes and effectively conveying findings to a variety of stakeholders. Additionally, the engineer will construct patterns and growth projections grounded in historical data and business forecasts.
The ideal candidate will utilize or collaborate with the following technologies: Excel, SQL, DOCSIS, PON, FTTH, and Metro network. They will become part of a diverse engineering team committed to reshaping data and video networks for the next generation.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Comprehends existing network setups and technologies to guarantee the effectiveness and capability of intended blueprints.
- Analyzes prevailing network architectures, usage patterns, emerging technologies, and upcoming expansion possibilities. • Assesses and strategizes optimal network potential based on usage and design prerequisites.
- Collaborates with corporate and regional engineers to put into operation and document capacity blueprints.
- Serves as the main liaison for interconnected models and data, offering insights into growth patterns.
- Detects, investigates, and resolves inconsistencies in analytical procedures or interdisciplinary approaches.
- Harnesses tools to gauge, scrutinize, simulate, and predict short-term network traffic, infrastructure demands, financial implications, and linked performance.
- Constructs reports and evaluations to affirm the precision of data and the excellence of processes.
- Contribute to the creation of code for automating reports and templates.
- Furnish statistical evaluations to aid leadership in deriving actionable conclusions.
- Deliver data presentations and suggestions to departmental leadership under supervision.
- Offer insights to leadership regarding performance challenges and enhancements in operational processes.
- Employ, and potentially script, software for statistical analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (IT, Engineering, Technology). The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as 4 years’ experience in a related field
- Robust communication, interpersonal, and collaborative skills
- Experience in researching and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience working with Excel
- Experience working with large data sets, analysis and methods
- Experience developing automated reporting
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications in a work setting with strong knowledge in Excel
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or Technology related field
- Knowledge in process development
- R/Python and SQL or similar analytical database and coding skills
- Experience debugging analytical code and processes
- Knowledge in telecommunication but not required
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Location: Lake City, GA
Job date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 08:29:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!