Job Vacancy Network Permitting Specialist Adex Telecom
Job title: Network Permitting Specialist
Company: Adex Telecom
Job description: Job Description
Location: (1) Plantation Office: 1601 SW 80th Terr. Suite 400 Plantation, FL 33324
3 skills/knowledge the candidate must have to be considered for the role: Organization, time management and relationship building.
Similar job titles to look for on resumes: Permit Specialist, Permit Coordinator, Office Admin, Legal Assistant, Teacher.
Technology the candidate must have experience in to be considered: Microsoft office suite
Job Details: Responsible for the preparation and submittal of various entitlement applications, permits and agreements to allow installation of communications facilities on *** poles, fiber and other infrastructure. Requires knowledge of municipal processes, codes and ordinances, as well as frequent interface with local governments and jurisdictions.
Responsible for the preparation and submittal of various entitlement applications, permits and agreements to allow installation of communications facilities on *** poles, fiber and other infrastructure. Requires knowledge of municipal processes, codes and ordinances, as well as frequent interface with local governments and jurisdictions.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and submit zoning and permitting applications. Monitor progress of municipal applications and facilitate jurisdictional request for additional information.
- Work with design team to facilitate permit drawings and construction documents related to nodes, power and outside plant construction required.
- Provide timely system updates and communicate effectively with all customers, both internal and external.
- Serve as entitlement lead during weekly customer meetings, as needed. Ability to comprehend and serve as a subject matter expert on matters related to state & local telecommunication municipal codes. Understand and be able to articulate details of Federal Wireless Facilities Deployment legislation including Sec. 6409(a) Wireless Facilities Deployment and related Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Orders.
- Serves as liaison between to internal teams to obtain, administer and ensure compliance with general conditions of approvals at permit and construction stages of the project, meeting project timelines.
- Understand financial information from projects impacting District, Area and Company financials. Provide tracking and reporting of costs associated with zoning and building permits and ensure reimbursable expenses are billed, collected and reconciled.
- Participate in District and Area pre-project planning meetings.
- Coordinate with Supervisor to ensure that permit submittal packages meet local and statewide municipal requirements.
- Coordinate with internal partners to ensure building permits are properly closed out at the completion of construction.
- Develop and maintain relationships with municipalities, including, but not limited to Code Enforcement Staff, Building Inspectors, Members of City Councils, Planning & Zoning Staffs, Commissions and various neighborhood groups. Represent *** at municipal meetings to obtain all required zoning approvals.
- Manage all aspects of complying with conditions of approvals from municipalities for the installation, maintenance and continued operation of company sites.
- Support internal teams on review of agreements in collaboration with counsel in the course of *** installing and maintaining facilities and operating its networks.
- Provides research and advice to internal clients regarding access rights, permitting, and project deployment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field or equivalent work experience
- Wireless industry experience preferred but not required
- Zoning and Permitting experience preferred but not required
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school will be considered in lieu of experience
- Two (2) years proven experience working in a municipality in a Planning, Zoning, and/or Land Use capacity or Wireless Industry required or equivalent in a comparable industry or relevant military experience.
- Must be experienced in navigating corporate environment and working within a corporate group context.
- Knowledge of applicable planning, zoning codes and regulations affecting site development.
- Experience in presenting and speaking to the public and governmental entities.
- Familiar with requirements for zoning applications and supporting documentation including presentations for neighborhood or public hearings as required by local jurisdictions or as requested by respective property owners.
- Comprehension and understanding of construction plans, standards, terminology, and surveys.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Ability to problem solve and provide solution alternatives
- Ability to comprehend contracts and agreements
- Ability to comprehend all title documentation
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Travel to local governments and municipalities required
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Travel required up to 30% (locally).
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Job date: Sun, 09 Jul 2023 06:24:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!