Job Vacancy Network Manager Virginia Economic Development Partnership
Job title: Network Manager
Company: Virginia Economic Development Partnership
Job description: The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking a Network Manager responsible for managing and supporting its enterprise IT environment. The Network Manager is responsible for keeping VEDP’s networking and telecommunications infrastructure operating efficiently and keeping its data secure by proactive maintenance and planning.
The network manager role leads the Network Services team responsible for running the on-premises, SaaS, and cloud network infrastructure that supports VEDP and Virginia Tourism Corporation (VTC). This position works closely with other teams to design, build, maintain, and optimize performance and security of its network infrastructure with the goal of providing a reliable, secure, and efficient network infrastructure.
The Network Manager delivers infrastructure support and service for VEDP/VTC’s network across the downtown Richmond headquarters, cloud, and Commonwealth of Virginia for approximately 320 employees. This position reports to the Vice President of Information Technology and plays a pivotal support role in VEDP’s goals of encouraging greater job growth and investment in Virginia to better the lives of the state’s residents.
- Ensure the stable operation of the VEDP/VTC computer network across 4 office floors, 5 remote offices, and 12 Virginia Welcome Centers
- Hire, manage, and blend internal resources with managed service providers to achieve objectives and ensure successful delivery of a secure and reliable network
- Work closely with Information Security Officer and managed security service provider to deliver a secure network that adheres to VITA and NIST security standards
- Lead, develop, and coach the Network Services team members and ensure appropriate staffing levels
- Participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with VEDP goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements
- Work closely with the Helpdesk Support team to identify and resolve support incidents that may require escalation to the Network Services team
- Work closely with Data Solutions team to ensure custom developed applications are online, updated, recoverable, and secure throughout the system lifecycle
- Responsible for scheduling and monitoring backup jobs, analyzing and correcting issues as identified, regularly reporting critical data metrics and issues to management, and proactively maintaining the health and safety of the storage solutions
- Implement and maintain automated deployment, monitoring, and management systems
- Respond to emergency network outages and third-party security operations center alerts in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Manage the vulnerability management systems to track vulnerabilities and resolution through patching and system lifecycle
- Manage a variety of telecommunication services and vendors to ensure connectivity
- Assist with Freedom of Information Act and legal e-discovery requests
- Perform server and security audits both internally and with external auditors
- Protect and preserve confidential and proprietary information
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights
- Maintain timely and accurate helpdesk records using the ticket management system
Required experience and qualifications:
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills with a solutions-oriented mindset
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with technical and non-technical users
- Expertise in multiple areas of Microsoft 365 and Azure services, including Exchange Online, SharePoint, 365 Apps, licensing, Azure AD, Conditional Access, and SSO setup
- Demonstrated experience managing a Windows Server-based environment including Active Directory, certificates, WSUS, DNS, DHCP, IIS, SQL Server, and Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of VMWare virtualization technology, Storage Area Network (SAN), and the snapshot recovery capabilities of each
- Experience managing enterprise switches, routers, wireless access points, and firewall technology including VLANs, NAT rules, QoS, RADIUS, DHCP, ACLs, and IDS/IPS
- Experience supporting integration of SaaS platforms with Salesforce and Microsoft 365
- Knowledge and experience with VoIP and collaboration systems such as Cisco UCM
- Experience integrating and supporting Microsoft’s Modern Workplace solutions
- Experience managing Veeam, or similar enterprise backup and replication software
- Experience managing Microsoft Intune, or similar MDM/RMM technology
- Strong project management experience and expertise
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service skills and demonstrated attention to detail
Desired experience and qualifications:
- 8+ years of IT experience in a corporate environment
- 4+ years of progressively responsible experience in systems administration
- Industry certifications are preferred – CISSP, CCIE, CCNP, CCNA, Network+, etc.
- Experience managing Cisco and Meraki networking products
- Experience with Commonwealth of Virginia IT policies, standards, and guidelines or equivalent NIST standards
- Experience with IT Service Management (ITSM) philosophies and methodologies
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. VEDP uses the E-Verify system and does not provide sponsorship.
This position offers a hybrid telework schedule, but candidates must be in the Richmond-area.
All candidates must apply through our website . Applicants must provide a résumé and a cover letter. A valid driver’s license is required. Salary minimum: $100,000. Application deadline: September 18, 2023.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or . TDD 1-800-828-1120.
Expected salary: $100000 per year
Location: Richmond, VA
Job date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 07:46:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!