Job Vacancy NC3 Telecommunications Specialist (TESA)-Germany Comtech Telecommunications
Job title: NC3 Telecommunications Specialist (TESA)-Germany
Company: Comtech Telecommunications
Job description: *Contingent on contract award*
NC3 Telecommunication Specialist (TESA)
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Comtech Systems, Inc (CSI) is looking for NC3 Telecommunication Specialist (TESA) candidates who will provide day-to-day operation and maintenance support for various strategic SATCOM equipment fielded. This includes on the spot training. The position also can include the SATCOM Planner for strategic systems. Candidates will be expected to work with a spirit of cooperation and must exhibit a tenacious work ethic while possessing the drive and critical thinking to excel in potentially tumultuous conditions.
- Prefer candidates with a valid US passport.
- Must have an active, current Top-Secret Clearance.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
At our core, Comtech employees are driven by innovation. We are leaders in the advanced global commercial and government communications market. A career at Comtech enables you to design, develop, produce, and market innovative products, systems, and services for advanced communications solutions. You will facilitate and enhance the way people, businesses, and governments communicate around the world.
Comtech Systems, Inc (CSI). is a leading provider of mission critical solutions to government and civilian agencies with a focus on C4ISR solutions using any type of network, whether mobile, fixed, static, terrestrial, marine, airborne or in space. To help our customers combat a growing number of cyber-attacks on their systems, we provide training and certification and vulnerability compliance assessment. Comtech designs, develops, produces, and markets innovative products, systems, and services for advanced communications solutions. We are technology leaders in the markets that we serve and conduct our business through Government solutions. Our market segments consist of: Tactical Communications, Space & Component Technology, Mobile Datacom, and Cyber Security Solutions.
All candidates will perform the following duties:
- Provide troubleshooting skills in various SATCOM terminals and complex inter-networking environments.
- Understand Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and its suite of protocols.
- Understand Cisco router configuration and operation (or equivalent).
- Perform IP addressing and variable length sub-net masking techniques.
- Provide knowledge of baseband and RF technologies.
- Support the initial configuration and functional verification of terminal operations (both on the SATCOM and Baseband Networks).
- Support the creation and validation of both modem boot files and network router and switch configurations necessary to interface to the existing Government network through close coordination and interface with existing network operations personnel.
- Support network monitoring and outage restorations.
- Support FSR troubleshooting and terminal repair actions.
- Support new requirements definition and implementation of -interconnection to the existing government network.
- Serve as the Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) subject matter expert, with strong SATCOM operations knowledge and basic baseband knowledge.
- Formal operator training for tactical SATCOM systems.
- Protocol/Network Theory Experience.
- Understanding, configuration and troubleshooting ability of DMVPN Architecture.
- Perform routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, RIP and RIP).
- Knowledge of switching fundamentals (Virtual Local Area Network System (VLANS), VLAN Trunk Protocol (VTP), Port Security, Spanning Tree).
- Familiarity with Cisco Encryption Concepts within a DMVPN Architecture.
- Understanding of Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) Acceleration over Satellite concepts
- Plan, install, operate, and maintain Promina based TCF for the communications network.
- Address capabilities and limitations of TCF equipment, troubleshooting procedures, security requirements, and technology to install, operate, maintain, and restore all links and circuits that terminate in or traverse the TCF.
- Perform advanced corrective maintenance on Technical Control Facilities to the chassis mounted component level.
- Assess, evaluate and re-engineer complex circuit/link restoration accommodating critical communication architectural requirements.
- Capture and record technical data during installation and fault isolation in such forms as logbook, trouble ticket, outage report or Equipment Repair Orders (ERO).
- Coordinate activation/deactivation and fault isolation of communications links and circuits connecting w/different services and agencies across time zones and nationalities.
All candidates will have the following minimum skills:
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in support of installations, repair, troubleshooting or maintenance of communications electronic systems or equipment.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience operating in a tactical environment operating/maintaining antenna controllers, SSPA, LNA/LNB, up and down converters, Fiber optic/Coax/Ethernet Cable, Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA) and Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) modems (satellite modems).
- Experience and skill with commercial and military satellite acquisition procedures and commercial TDMA/DAMA modems required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally with diverse audiences, internally and externally to foster strong teamwork.
- Work well independently or as a member of a team environment
- Detail-oriented, with strong analytical skills.
Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, OR an Associate’s degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR a major certification plus seven (7) years of recent specialized experience, OR eleven (11) total years of recent specialized experience.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office.
Comtech offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and flexible paid time off options, for eligible employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- LTD, Supplemental Life insurance and AD&D
- Comprehensive 401k plan
- Vacation accrual of 10 days annually
- Bereavement, Military, and Jury Duty Leave
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Location: Buford, GA
Job date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 05:49:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!